Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-24-2009, 03:10 PM   #1
ec1matt
Enthusiast
ec1matt has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ec1matt has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ec1matt has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ec1matt has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2019, Paperwhite 2013, Sony PRS-505(RIP)
Unhappy You know you love your Reader when...

...you're gutted to learn as you take it out of your bag at the start of the journey home that the battery is completely flat, so instead of reading a book you've chosen on a beautifully designed gadget, you're reduced to reading the free papers like everyone else:-(

It's charging now, so normal service will return tomorrow, thank goodness.
ec1matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 03:22 PM   #2
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Mine still has 3 remaining bars. It took 300 or 400 pages to drop down that single bar. Still, at lunch, I had a momentary thought of "Oh No! What if it runs out on the way home?" This is a reaction to the short battery charge time with my EBW1150.

It's still a nice realization to me when I remember that it is nowhere near losing power yet on the Sony.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2009, 04:42 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
To avoid just such a problem I bought an iGo portable charger with a Sony Reader tip that uses AA batteries to charge the 505.

There was a thread on this a while back here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&highlight=igo
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:02 PM   #4
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I've only gotten the Hazard sign once. I'm pretty anal about charging it And that time was only to see how long it would last.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:54 PM   #5
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
aww, that stinks!! I only went down to nothing once, and I still am not sure what happened! I did something that sucked the power out instead of charging it. Wrong plug or something? I think I accidentally plugged it in with my phone cord. But why would that be a problem? matching USB. Oh well, I never did that again! It was sheer terror for a few minutes there!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert