Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 02-10-2009, 09:50 AM   #1
sasilk
Connoisseur
sasilk began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Pro 12"; Kindle Paperwhite
SD Card folder creation?

I know there was a thread on this here somewhere but I'm damned if I can find it :-(

I want to create a new folder on my SD card. I know I can because I have several already, but the new one simply refuses to show up in the DR's list (under Documents). It's definitely on the card, as I can see it and copy things to it on my PC either via USB to the DR or in a card reader.

The only thing I can think of is that the recent upgrade to 1.5 has changed things and I'm missing something
sasilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:07 AM   #2
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Hi Sasik,

What is the name of the directory. Directories starting with '_' (underscore) are not shown. Maybee there are more exceptions.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2009, 11:18 AM   #3
sasilk
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
Hi Sasik,

What is the name of the directory. Directories starting with '_' (underscore) are not shown. Maybee there are more exceptions.
The directory is called News - unless that's a keyword or something I can't see it being an issue.

On the off-chance that it was, I renamed it to Newsfeeds - same problem :-(

Oh BTW, files starting with '.' (period) won't show either - I'm unsure if that applies to directories too.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:55 PM   #4
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
The files and directories starting with a "." won't show up because that indicates to the operating system they are hidden. It's a unix thing.

Have you tried creating your directory elsewhere? I presume you are not using the Companion software.
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 04:02 PM   #5
allovertheglobe
Grumpy Old Man
allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo, Nook Classic,Color,ST/Glow, iRex DR1000, Sony 505, REB1100&1200
Did you create the folder at the root of the card (which shows up in "Documents" on the reader) or inside another folder? How about another location? Did you create another folder with a different name, rather than just renaming the troublesome one? Are you perhaps using one of the additional language ports currently in development? (The character encoding may throw a wrench in the works)
allovertheglobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2009, 07:15 PM   #6
sasilk
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by pthwaite View Post
The files and directories starting with a "." won't show up because that indicates to the operating system they are hidden. It's a unix thing.

Have you tried creating your directory elsewhere? I presume you are not using the Companion software.
I've tried creating it as a sub-dir of one of the others - no joy. And I'm not using the Companion software, though I tried.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:17 PM   #7
sasilk
Connoisseur

Did you create the folder at the root of the card (which shows up in "Documents" on the reader) or inside another folder?

Both

How about another location?

Yes

Did you create another folder with a different name, rather than just renaming the troublesome one?

Not yet - I'll try that next.

Are you perhaps using one of the additional language ports currently in development? (The character encoding may throw a wrench in the works)

No - standard English, as it came out of the box.
Old 02-14-2009, 11:40 PM   #8
sasilk
Connoisseur

I think I've found the problem.

I reapplied the 1.5 update and then the 1.5 Content Browser update and it's all working fine now. I don't know which of those fixed it - I suspect the Content Browser because I hadn't known there was an update to it.