Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-17-2008, 08:14 AM   #61
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
Here's a gift for the discerning dog....

http://www.engadget.com/2008/11/17/t...ing-eyes-only/
are you saying vr is a foppish bon vivant ?
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 08:19 AM   #62
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
are you saying vr is a foppish bon vivant ?

Foppish, no. Discerning, yes. After all, he speaks with us. I'd call that discerning. (Bows, and backs out.)
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2008, 09:31 AM   #63
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
Quote:
that seems needlessly cruel to me. i imagine i'll be in the minority in this view though.
I've got to agree with you on this one. What happened to the squirrel? Did he get up and walk away or was he knocked unconscious by the impact?

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 09:33 AM   #64
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookishDreamer View Post
I've got to agree with you on this one. What happened to the squirrel? Did he get up and walk away or was he knocked unconscious by the impact?

Dreamer
well i'm relieved that at least it's not a minority of 1.

i'm just going to tell myself that the squirrel got up and ran far away and never came back to that infernal porch.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:34 AM   #65
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
Foppish, no. Discerning, yes. After all, he speaks with us. I'd call that discerning. (Bows, and backs out.)
good point. discerning of *what* precisely remains to be seen.
Advert
Old 11-17-2008, 10:16 AM   #66
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
May I help you?
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 11:13 AM   #67
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
well i'm relieved that at least it's not a minority of 1.

i'm just going to tell myself that the squirrel got up and ran far away and never came back to that infernal porch.
You're in a minority of 3 now. I am telling myself the same thing, too.

A catapult you (and VR) might approve of more...

ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 11:14 AM   #68
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
May I help you?
very dashing avatar... but what did the squirrel do to the dog???
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 11:17 AM   #69
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post

LOVE that video!! I saw it last night and laughed at the expression of doggie joy on the little critter's face.

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 01:20 PM   #70
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:

A catapult you (and VR)* might approve of more...
that was AWESOME !!!! best catapult EVER !!!! i'm going to be giggling for hours over that ! (my neighbors must think i am completely insane.) i need a catapult like that for my cats. of course, i'd also need to teach them to bring the damn ball *back*... which would actually simplify my life already even without the catapult.

*don't forget pshrynk, and his penchant for trebuchets !! i bet he could work something out...
Old 11-17-2008, 01:49 PM   #71
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Ooooo! I approve and want one of those! :doggiejumpingupanddown:
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 02:03 PM   #72
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
In my case I trapped the squirrel and released him/her some distance from the house. I saw the guy/girl this morning sitting on the roof ledge barking at me. (Their bark sounds a lot like a loud chicken.) Oh well, the professional trappers are due out on Tuesday. (Yes, they are humane. While I do not want the squirrels in my house, I also do not want to kill them.)
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 02:16 PM   #73
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
In my case I trapped the squirrel and released him/her some distance from the house. I saw the guy/girl this morning sitting on the roof ledge barking at me. (Their bark sounds a lot like a loud chicken.) Oh well, the professional trappers are due out on Tuesday. (Yes, they are humane. While I do not want the squirrels in my house, I also do not want to kill them.)
you are a good man, Wood.

(squirrels sound like chickens ? that's just weird.)
Old 11-17-2008, 02:17 PM   #74
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcey View Post
I'm sorry but I have no spare bones to share. I don't know where the all went.

Maybe VR's human could build him one of these for Christmas and he can play catch.
http://www.killsometime.com/video/video.asp?ID=870

Disclaimer: Barcey does not condone the making of this video. Beer and engineering should not be mixed.
Well, that was a depressing bit of video. I've never found injuring or maiming animals to be very entertaining myself. Of course, I realize that that puts me in the minority in Texas and in a fair part of the United States and the world for that matter.

And people wonder why I have lost my faith in humanity. Could it be because there are just so many knuckle dragging idiots like the guys who made that video?
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 03:06 PM   #75
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
that was AWESOME !!!! best catapult EVER !!!! i'm going to be giggling for hours over that ! (my neighbors must think i am completely insane.) i need a catapult like that for my cats. of course, i'd also need to teach them to bring the damn ball *back*... which would actually simplify my life already even without the catapult.

*don't forget pshrynk, and his penchant for trebuchets !! i bet he could work something out...
That's an automated slingshot. Tres cool, but not a trebuchet....
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blue one next to the fish, bone, chocolate, doggie, giving, hurricane, kingdom of bacon and bone, rfid, unutterable silliness, vivaldirules