Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-12-2008, 05:51 PM   #1
Mindy
Away with the Faeries
Mindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS 650
Reading Light

Apologies if this appears anywhere else, but I couldn't find anything when I searched.
I know there's been talk of portable reading lights (possibly clip-on LED?) and just wondered whether anyone had found/tried/tested any that they could recommend?
Thanks!
Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 06:05 PM   #2
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy View Post
Apologies if this appears anywhere else, but I couldn't find anything when I searched.
I know there's been talk of portable reading lights (possibly clip-on LED?) and just wondered whether anyone had found/tried/tested any that they could recommend?
Thanks!
The Mighty Bright Xtra Flex is wonderful. It's clip on, has two lights (you can have one lit or two), and uses regular batteries.

I LOVE mine. Got it at Amazon.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2008, 08:08 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Mindy, there are a couple of good threads on lights. Start with the first URL and then move to the followup thread after. There are also some good photos for you to have a look at so you can see some of these lights in action. They are in the Sony forum, but they are just as relevant to any other 6" eink device.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9362

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12668
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 08:31 AM   #4
Mindy
Away with the Faeries
Mindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS 650
Thank you!
Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 08:33 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy View Post
Thank you!
You are very welcome. I hope you can now easily find a light that fits your needs. Someday, I might get one of those buglights as it has a nice even spread of light.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2008, 09:18 AM   #6
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
I have been using a petzl headlamp, It doesnt clip to your Reader but since I have other uses for it as well, I figured it could pull double duty.

JJ
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 09:39 AM   #7
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
The Mighty Bright Xtra Flex is wonderful. It's clip on, has two lights (you can have one lit or two), and uses regular batteries.

I LOVE mine. Got it at Amazon.
+1! I got my MightyBrite before I even got my Kindle! Accesorizing is important.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote