Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 07-12-2008, 04:48 AM   #1
enzo.sandrolini
enzo.sandrolini began at the beginning.

Device: cybook
Question Is there a way to improve the look up function ?

Hi,
I have recently bought a cybook and I am very satisfied of it;
howerver, I would like to know if ther is a way to improve the accessibility of the look up function ?
Indeed, I exetensivly use this function as English is not my mother tongue, but each time I need to look up for a word in my dictionnay , it requires a lot of "button press" to access to the function...it is quite annoying
Is ther a way to set a kind of "shortcut" ? to this function ?
Thanks for your help,
Enzo
enzo.sandrolini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 05:33 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
No, there isn't.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2008, 05:36 AM   #3
ADSR
Cyreader
ADSR began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
I totally agree with you, but at the moment there's no way to make it easier. I'm hoping that a future firmware update will allow the user to assign functions (like lookup mode) to the 2 volume buttons on the right side of the Cybook, which are useless in Mobipocket books anyway...
ADSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 06:21 AM   #4
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
The lookup function is stupidly placed in the menu. How many times do you do "Start Reading" compared to "Lookup Mode" for example? Lookup should have been first in the menu and bookmark second.

I have noticed that it is faster to lookup a word in my Nokia N810 using Stardict and the keyboard on the N810. And that is looking up a word in a book I am reading on my Cybook.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 07:43 AM   #5
enzo.sandrolini
enzo.sandrolini began at the beginning.

Device: cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADSR View Post
I totally agree with you, but at the moment there's no way to make it easier. I'm hoping that a future firmware update will allow the user to assign functions (like lookup mode) to the 2 volume buttons on the right side of the Cybook, which are useless in Mobipocket books anyway...
Yes, you are right, using the two useless buttons on the right would be a great idea.
Hoping for a new firmware....
enzo.sandrolini is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2008, 11:51 AM   #6
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
If one has more than one dictionary on the Cybook - how does the look-up function work? Does it check one dictionary first, then the other...certainly on the return from the look-up there is no option to 'try the other book!'.

(I have dictionary and thesaurus loaded)..

Geoff
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 12:00 PM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You get an initial "pop-up" listing all the matches in any dictionaries you have installed. Select a match to see the definition. Pressing the "Back" button takes you back to the list so you can select a different definition.
Old 07-26-2008, 12:09 PM   #8
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You get an initial "pop-up" listing all the matches in any dictionaries you have installed. Select a match to see the definition. Pressing the "Back" button takes you back to the list so you can select a different definition.
mmm, something may not be quite right, then...I 'just' get taken to a match - in other words no other choices (though that may not be in-correct)...I shall investigate further...

HarryT

Geoff
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 12:10 PM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

You get taken straight to the definition if there's only one match. If there are multiple matches, you get the intermediate "selector". Try looking up a word that you know has more than one meaning.