Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-09-2008, 01:32 PM   #1
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
Auto (itunes-like) Sync for libprs500

Gang,

I created this ticket for an auto-sync feature for libprs500. Is anyone else interested in this? Or care to weigh in on requirements?

I don't want to overwhelm kovid, so I thought I *might* try to take this on my own as a patch, so as to learn Python and have some geekery fun.

Let me know what you think:

https://libprs500.kovidgoyal.net/ticket/543
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 10:11 AM   #2
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmm..I guess no one is interested in such a feature. Thanks for sending my ticket to the BOTTOM of Kovid's list, folks hehe.
Advert
Old 04-10-2008, 12:50 PM   #3
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jplumey View Post
Hmm..I guess no one is interested in such a feature. Thanks for sending my ticket to the BOTTOM of Kovid's list, folks hehe.
I think it "could" be usefull perhaps for RSS feed based items. However, I wouldn't want it to dump 100% of my lib to my device every time I hooked it up. It would need options (a la iTunes) to only sync selected items.

Also, iTunes is able to delete listened to podcasts after syncing since it knows what was listened to. I'm not sure, if the Sony is able to tell what stuff has been read so it can be cleaned off automatically. That would be a pretty cool option too.

Bob
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 02:25 PM   #4
astrodad
Guru

I think the current page of the book can be read and be compared to the total count. if the values are the same the software can go ahead and remove the book.

Yes, for RSS feeds and websites that would indeed be very useful. Simply plug the reader in, let libprs500 detect it, get the latest feeds and sites, and then eject the device. Wallah! instant newspaper.
Old 04-11-2008, 08:18 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I am planning to write a newspaper download scheduler at some point in the future (since it's really for periodic content that auto-sync is useful) but my TODO list is really miles long at the moment

As for removing read items, it's a little dicey. How do you know when a book has been read completely. Especially for newsmagazine type books where the user may not read in a linear fashion.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2008, 07:59 PM   #6
astrodad
Guru

Good point about the newspaper items. Perhaps those can have a different retention scheme, such as an age-based scheme where anything older than a month is automatically deleted.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:54 AM   #7
PoTaToE
PoTaToE began at the beginning.

Device: PRS500
Hi! I'm new, and still learning what can I do with this gadget.

Maybe adding them for delete, and user selectable option? (and creating a list, so user can undelete file)
PoTaToE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 11:08 AM   #8
astrodad
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoTaToE View Post
Hi! I'm new, and still learning what can I do with this gadget.

Maybe adding them for delete, and user selectable option? (and creating a list, so user can undelete file)
Welcome to the forums. Can you explain what you mean further?
Old 04-17-2008, 04:40 AM   #9
PoTaToE
PoTaToE began at the beginning.

Device: PRS500
Lightbulb

I mean... If synchro soft detects a book on its last page, mark it for delete, so user can view a list of all marked books, and confirm or unselect any book, so the soft may delete them safely.
PoTaToE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 11:13 AM   #10
astrodad
Guru

I see! That would get around Kovid's issue of newspapers where the reader may jump around. That's a good idea.