Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-23-2013, 03:19 PM   #241
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
Are you sure those disks were legit?
I do remember getting DC with fonts and clipart with my Corel Draw licence.
At the time I wasn't able to judge the quality of fonts. The vast majority of fonts did not support accented characters for my language though.
Yes totally legit. I got them from Walmart, Staples, Office Depot and Best Buy.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:21 PM   #242
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
Are you sure those disks were legit?
I do remember getting DC with fonts and clipart with my Corel Draw licence.
At the time I wasn't able to judge the quality of fonts. The vast majority of fonts did not support accented characters for my language though.
I have a CD someplace that came with 500 Bitsream fonts on it. It's legit. They did count the different families as a font. So a font with 4 families counts as 4.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2013, 03:23 PM   #243
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
(IMHO) I find that too large a line space. To each his/her own.
For me I need line spacing a little other wise the words run together while reading. Not as much as the bug in KF8 though just the middle setting works for me on most fonts.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:27 PM   #244
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
For me I need line spacing a little other wise the words run together while reading. Not as much as the bug in KF8 though just the middle setting works for me on most fonts.
The line spacing in the modified Charis SIL I created the other day seems to be pretty good if you want some spacing without it being huge. At the smallest line spacing settings (in KF8), it works.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:33 PM   #245
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
The line spacing in the modified Charis SIL I created the other day seems to be pretty good if you want some spacing without it being huge. At the smallest line spacing settings (in KF8), it works.
I am using the same metrics on my version Charis SIL. It works well on KF8 books not that I read many of them. Personal Documents yet to support the format.
Advert
Old 01-23-2013, 03:40 PM   #246
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
I am using the same metrics on my version Charis SIL. It works well on KF8 books not that I read many of them. Personal Documents yet to support the format.
Because we've figured out a way around the KF8 bug, there's no reason not to convert ePub into KF8 and use that in case there are things n the ePub that Mobi won't support such as a blockquote (even simulated).
Old 01-23-2013, 03:53 PM   #247
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Because we've figured out a way around the KF8 bug, there's no reason not to convert ePub into KF8 and use that in case there are things n the ePub that Mobi won't support such as a blockquote (even simulated).
Actually there is. Personal Document Cloud does not support KF8 yet so in order to use it you have use the mobi format otherwise you can't sync last read, bookmarks, notes and highlights or access your pdocs from the cloud.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:08 PM   #248
ersott
Evangelist
ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite2, Ipad Air, Kobo Aura H2o
Please, one questions.

Where can I change the font size in FontCreator 6.0?.

Thanks!
ersott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:17 PM   #249
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ersott View Post
Please, one questions.

Where can I change the font size in FontCreator 6.0?.

Thanks!
Tools/Glyph Transformer/outlines /Scale
Old 01-23-2013, 04:29 PM   #250
ersott
Evangelist
ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite2, Ipad Air, Kobo Aura H2o
Thanks!!
ersott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:03 PM   #251
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Tools/Glyph Transformer/outlines /Scale
What about using Format/Settings and then changing the Units per em? The default is 2048 and the larger the number the smaller the size.

Last edited by JSWolf; 01-23-2013 at 09:11 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:11 PM   #252
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
What about using Format/Settings and then changing the Units per em? A value of 4096 would double the size as 2048 is the default.
That could cause problems on some programs. It's best to try scale first then adjust the line spacing as needed.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:18 PM   #253
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
That could cause problems on some programs. It's best to try scale first then adjust the line spacing as needed.
It's not the line spacing. It's the Units per em.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:21 PM   #254
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
It's not the line spacing. It's the Units per em.
Once you scale a font you have to readjust the metrics so the line spacing is right.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:25 PM   #255
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Once you scale a font you have to readjust the metrics so the line spacing is right.
Thanks for that. I didn't think of the line spacing issue that would cause.