Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-20-2007, 10:15 PM   #1
Snassek
Connoisseur
Snassek is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony eReader
Connect software not loading

I have installed both the original connect software and the eBook library, but when I try to start either version, it never loads completely. I find a copy in the task manager with a size of about 35MB when it just stops. The previous version was running fine before I updated to eBook library 2.0.

Any suggestions?
Snassek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 02:41 AM   #2
comtrjl
Connoisseur
comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If you are familiar with Windows file system, you could try renaming this folder: C:\Documents and Settings\<your login name>\Local Settings\Application Data\Sony Corporation and restart the Connect software. (If you can't see the folder, you may need to go to 'Folder Options' control panel first and under the View menu make sure nothing is hidden.)
comtrjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2007, 03:33 PM   #3
Snassek
Connoisseur
Snassek is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony eReader
Thanks, that worked.
Snassek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 11:03 AM   #4
GatorDeb
Evangelist
GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: PW2 + HDX 8.9
Oh my G-d I uninstalled and reinstalled the software many times and it wouldn't restart... I renamed the folder and it came right up!!! Thanks!
GatorDeb is offline   Reply With Quote