Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 02:57 AM   #1306
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Tell her to look in the Count Pages plugin config for the 'Always overwrite an existing word/page count' check box near the bottom and check it.
This worked! Thanks.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:23 AM   #1307
cawilliams1
cawilliams1 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I've noticed that for stories pulled from http://www.thewriterscoffeeshop.com chapter notes are not being picked up when they are included in a box. Is there a way you could also pick these up?

Example: http://www.thewriterscoffeeshop.com/...228&chapter=15
Advert
Old 04-07-2013, 10:37 AM   #1308
ILB
Groupie
ILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Version 1.7.15 - 25 Mar 2013
  • Add seriesUrl metadata. All sites that FFDL collects series info for now also collect a series URL. The default series on title_page is now a link. Used for...
Thanks for that.
Unfortunately, there is still an error in it.
Example: The correct series url is http://archiveofourown.org/series/11410, but the link on title_page is http://archiveofourown.org/fanfic//series/11410. I have to click on the link and then delete "fanfic//" to get the right page.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:33 AM   #1309
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cawilliams1 View Post
I've noticed that for stories pulled from http://www.thewriterscoffeeshop.com chapter notes are not being picked up when they are included in a box. Is there a way you could also pick these up?

Example: http://www.thewriterscoffeeshop.com/...228&chapter=15
Try the attached version. Please test it with other stories on thewriterscoffeeshop.com, too, and let me know how it works.

UPDATE Apr 8 2013 - Remove obsolete beta versions

Last edited by JimmXinu; 04-08-2013 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 04-07-2013, 12:20 PM   #1310
cawilliams1

How would I install this version of the plugin to try it out? Do I need to put it in a specific place for Calibre to realize there is an update?
Advert
Old 04-07-2013, 01:12 PM   #1311
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
How would I install this version of the plugin to try it out? Do I need to put it in a specific place for Calibre to realize there is an update?
Preferences: Plugins: (Load from file button)

DO NOT UNZIP
Old 04-07-2013, 01:17 PM   #1312
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILB View Post
Thanks for that.
Unfortunately, there is still an error in it.
Example: The correct series url is http://archiveofourown.org/series/11410, but the link on title_page is http://archiveofourown.org/fanfic//series/11410. I have to click on the link and then delete "fanfic//" to get the right page.
So there is. Thanks for catching that.

Here's a fixed version to use until the next release.

UPDATE Apr 8 2013 - Remove obsolete beta versions

Last edited by JimmXinu; 04-08-2013 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 04-07-2013, 01:33 PM   #1313
cawilliams1

Thanks theducks for pointing out how to load the plug-in from a file.

JimmXinu - I tried the updated plug-in with 4 different TWCS stories. Author/chapter notes appeared in all cases.

Thanks for looking into this so quickly.
Old 04-07-2013, 01:40 PM   #1314
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
JimmXinu - I tried the updated plug-in with 4 different TWCS stories. Author/chapter notes appeared in all cases.

Thanks for looking into this so quickly.
Great. Be sure to try it with some stories without notes, too. I'll include this in the next release if I don't hear anything else.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:37 PM   #1315
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Version 1.7.22 - 08 Apr 2013
  • Fix for AO3 series URL.
  • Include notes with chapter text for thewriterscoffeeshop.com.
  • Remove support for defunct site: prisonbreakfic.net
  • Remove support for defunct site: svufiction.com
Old 04-09-2013, 04:49 PM   #1316
lumlydwt
lumlydwt began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
twistin the hellmouth error

I'm getting this error, but it's only on mobi, (kindle user) epub works fine here is the url I used

http://www.tthfanfic.org/Story-29036...ts+Account.htm

here's the error

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\viewer\main.py", line 40, in run
File "threading.py", line 504, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\oeb\iterator\book.py", line 99, in __enter__
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\conversion.py", line 239, in __call__
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\conversion\plugins\mobi_in put.py", line 32, in convert
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\mobi\reader\mobi6.py", line 79, in __init__
error: unpack requires a string argument of length 2

the wierd thing is only one chapter stories are affected multi chapters are not

Last edited by lumlydwt; 04-09-2013 at 07:02 PM.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:45 PM   #1317
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Attached is a new version with support for three new sites:
  • tokra.fandomnet.com
  • netraptor.org/fanfiction/
  • asr3.slashzone.org/archive/
I'd appreciate feedback on whether these sites work correctly or not--preferably from the people who requested them, but some were over on the google site, so we'll see.

UPDATE - Apr 11 2013 - Remove obsolete beta versions

Last edited by JimmXinu; 04-11-2013 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 04-09-2013, 07:25 PM   #1318
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumlydwt View Post
I'm getting this error today (it was working yesterday) but it's only on mobi, (kindle user) epub works fine here is the url I used

http://www.tthfanfic.org/Story-29036...ts+Account.htm
That error appears for me when viewing the mobi file in calibre, not during FFDL download.

But it is caused by FFDL not generating a good mobi file (or indeed, at all) and also not reporting that fact. I've found a couple URLs on TtH that cause the problem, and some others that don't. A sampling of the 34 most recent updates looks like 5 had mobi problems.

I'm still looking at it, but for now I'll repeat my usual recommendation:

I recommend that everybody, including kindle users, use FFDL in epub mode and convert to mobi/azw3/etc. Epubs let FFDL update without downloading all the chapters every time, and FFDL's support for epub is much better.

UPDATE - 5 problems out of 34

Last edited by JimmXinu; 04-09-2013 at 08:33 PM.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:24 PM   #1319
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

@lumlydwt - This version should fix the issue you found. Please give it a try and let me know.

When I was fixing the issues with TtH and multiple authors, I broke chapter name(s) for one-chapter stories. Epub didn't really care, but FFDL's built-in mobi output didn't like it.

I've improved the mobi output handling to better notice and report issues, handle missing chapter names better, and put the correct chapter name in for TtH one-chapters.

UPDATE - Apr 11 2013 - Remove obsolete beta versions

Last edited by JimmXinu; 04-11-2013 at 06:04 PM.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:04 AM   #1320
lumlydwt
lumlydwt began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
@lumlydwt - This version should fix the issue you found. Please give it a try and let me know.

I tried it on 5 different single chapts.... works great

thanks for your time and effort
Closed Thread