Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: June 2011 Mobile Read Book Club
The Spies of Warsaw by Alan Furst 6 8.33%
The Maltese Falcon by Dashiell Hammett 19 26.39%
The Day Of The Jackal by Frederick Forsyth 5 6.94%
The Spy Who Came in from the Cold by John le Carré 12 16.67%
The Scavenger's Daughter by Mike McIntyre 6 8.33%
The Eiger Sanction by Trevanian 3 4.17%
Bangkok 8 by John Burdett 3 4.17%
The Firm by John Grisham 7 9.72%
Heat Wave by Richard Castle 10 13.89%
Vanishing Act by Thomas Perry 1 1.39%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-02-2011, 12:42 PM   #91
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by siraks View Post
well back from vaca, ahh what a week it was....and i read maybe 3 total chapters this past week. too much fun in the sun. now to get back to reading.

is this vote over? has falcon won out?
Yes and Yes.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:45 PM   #92
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by siraks View Post
well back from vaca, ahh what a week it was....and i read maybe 3 total chapters this past week. too much fun in the sun. now to get back to reading.

is this vote over? has falcon won out?

Welcome back .

Only 3 chapters...??? It's on holiday that I usually catch up on my reading backlog - one book a day minimum .

I'm assuming the vote is closed now, and The Maltese Falcon is definitely the winner.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2011, 12:48 PM   #93
siraks
use the force
siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo K1
thanks guys. i did plan on reading, had the kobo with me but only got through a little on the plane ride. oh well, i can get back into the mix..most of my reading is done in the evenings after work.
siraks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 09:25 PM   #94
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
i'll be using the pbook version of this
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 10:58 AM   #95
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
So, when's the discussion thread starting?

On another forum I am on, a book review thread gets a poll added to it and I think that's a good idea here too.

Outstanding
Above Average
Average
Below Average
Poor

Those are the options used. We can then find out how the majority of readers liked the book.

Last edited by JSWolf; 06-21-2011 at 11:00 AM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2011, 11:02 AM   #96
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Ditto ^

I'm 90% of the way through, so almost ready to go...
Old 06-21-2011, 11:04 AM   #97
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Ditto ^

I'm 90% of the way through, so almost ready to go...
I have about 30-40 or so pages left and I'll be done with it by tomorrow sometime.

If nobody objects, I can create the thread with the poll.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:11 PM   #98
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:

On another forum I am on, a book review thread gets a poll added to it and I think that's a good idea here too.

Outstanding
Above Average
Average
Below Average
Poor

Those are the options used. We can then find out how the majority of readers liked the book.
Quote:
I really like that idea Jon! I personally do not have a problem with your starting the discussion thread/poll - you've got my vote.

For choices I like:

Excellent
Very Good
Good
Poor
Awful
-----
or
-----
Very Good
Good
Okay
Bad
Awful

As for the book, I only have about 8 more pages to go so I'll be done soon.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 12:51 PM   #99
orlok
Close to the Edit!

Quote:
I don't mind either, but isn't this pilotbob's thread?
Old 06-21-2011, 01:22 PM   #100
lila55
Fanatic
lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360° , iPhone 5, PRS-650, Sony PRS-T2, Sony PRS-T3, Tolino
Quote:
I think we should wait for pilotbob on this.
lila55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 05:09 PM   #101
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

If the thread is not created by Thursday, I'll give it a go. Anyone not OK with that?
Old 06-21-2011, 05:14 PM   #102
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lila55 View Post
I think we should wait for pilotbob on this.
Wasn't the discussion suppose to start yesterday?
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 05:18 PM   #103
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Wasn't the discussion suppose to start yesterday?
Yes it was. That's why I mentioned it and as long as it wasn't created, I figured I'd toss in the idea of the poll.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:19 AM   #104
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I never got to this book at all. I should have waited until I was ready to read it before I purchased it.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 09:43 AM   #105
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
I never got to this book at all. I should have waited until I was ready to read it before I purchased it.
Me either. I got caught up reading some other stuff and totally forgot about this one.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote