Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 01-09-2011, 12:33 PM   #1
abc-Schütze
abc-Schütze began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350
ebook library - column for "language"

Hello, I am not sure, if my post is right here, but it was the best place I found.

It's about the ebook library
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/ebo...e&pp=30&page=1

Would it not be a good idea to add a column for "language"?
In my opinion that will make it easier to find books, when you are looking for a specific language.

Thanks,
abc-Schütze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 01:07 PM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Welcome to MobileRead.

This is, I guess, one of the things that will be solved when (if?) the whole library is revamped
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2011, 06:23 AM   #3
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Welcome to MobileRead.

This is, I guess, one of the things that will be solved when (if?) the whole library is revamped
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:00 AM   #4
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by abc-Schütze View Post
Would it not be a good idea to add a column for "language"?
In my opinion that will make it easier to find books, when you are looking for a specific language.

Thanks,
Hello abc-Schütze, you can type [German] in the "Search E-Books"-field on the site you've linked to, than (almost) all German books will be listet.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 12:20 PM   #5
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Or you could search for "german" or "deutsch" tags. I don't know if other uploaders do the same, but when I upload a book in a language other than English (LOTE), I add the language's name in the tags. The advantage of tags is that anyone can add them, so if you find a book in German that does not have a "german" or "deutsch" tag, please add them
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2011, 04:51 AM   #6
abc-Schütze
abc-Schütze began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350
Hello Billy and Jellby,

thanks for your help.

I tried to search ebooks with "german" and it works perfectly.

To add tags only seems to work, when I am logged in?
abc-Schütze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 07:41 AM   #7
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
abc-schütze, yes, it's only possible, when your logged in. It would be great if you could help with this!

Jellby, I fear your overestimating us a little bit. Only netseeker and mtravellerh tagged their uploads properly, but more or less all German books from the last half year are without any tags. Maybe you could add a hint in the "Book Uploads Posting Guidelines"?
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote