Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-28-2010, 03:39 PM   #1
PKR
PKR began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-350
PRS-350 auth. to a dead laptop

Hi,

This is my first post on here and first time using my e-reader.

I had the prs-350 christmas day and linked it to my laptop, on boxing day my laptop died and wont come back on, ive got a new laptop but it is saying i cant put a ebook into my ereader because the device is linked to another user but i cant get back onto my old laptop to de-activate the device, what do i have to do?

thanks,

ryan.
PKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 03:58 PM   #2
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
I'm assuming you are using the Sony EBL (ebook library software).

You will need to register the new laptop to your Sony account and your Adobe account. Don't create a new account...just use the one you created with the dead laptop. Once you are connected to your Sony account you will need to go into your account settings (through EBL) and delete or de-authroize the old computer.

Any computers or Readers that you use are tied to the Sony account. I believe you are allowed 6 devices to be authorized to a single account.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2010, 04:00 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Just install ADE and use the same username/password to authorize ADE as you did before.

With ADE running and authorized, plug in the 350 into the USB and see what happens. You may be all set or you may have to authorize again.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 05:31 PM   #4
PKR
PKR began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-350
on the sony website there isnt an option to change any account settings and i cant find where to do that on adobe either?

everything is plugged in and the ebook is charging and computer is automatically loading the ebook reader libary, the books that i have just downloaded on the new computer are in the libary section but i cant get them into the reader section because the comment i staed above keeps coming up.
PKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 07:30 PM   #5
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Did you set up a new ID or are you using your original ADE ID?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKR View Post
on the sony website there isnt an option to change any account settings and i cant find where to do that on adobe either?

everything is plugged in and the ebook is charging and computer is automatically loading the ebook reader libary, the books that i have just downloaded on the new computer are in the libary section but i cant get them into the reader section because the comment i staed above keeps coming up.
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert