Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-17-2012, 06:29 PM   #1
tonyvr4
tonyvr4 has learned how to read e-bookstonyvr4 has learned how to read e-bookstonyvr4 has learned how to read e-bookstonyvr4 has learned how to read e-bookstonyvr4 has learned how to read e-bookstonyvr4 has learned how to read e-bookstonyvr4 has learned how to read e-books

Device: iphone
how to add cover in epub

I am having a problem getting a cover image into an epub file.

I have added a book from an open office writer odt file.
Then I added a cover image and converted it to an epub

But when I look at the epub on my iphone there is no cover image, only a blue generic bookcover

Can anyone help?
Thanks
tonyvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 12:10 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
When converting your book, in the options under epub output, check the No SVG cover checkbox. I'm guessing your are using stanza ont he iphone, it does not support svg covers.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2012, 07:47 AM   #3
tonyvr4
tonyvr4 has learned how to read e-bookstonyvr4 has learned how to read e-bookstonyvr4 has learned how to read e-bookstonyvr4 has learned how to read e-bookstonyvr4 has learned how to read e-bookstonyvr4 has learned how to read e-bookstonyvr4 has learned how to read e-books

Device: iphone
I will give that a shot thanks

I apologize for not mentioning it, but I am using iBooks on my iPhone to view the epub
tonyvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote