Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 10-25-2014, 01:27 AM   #1
BBaldrick
BBaldrick began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Tab 4 Nook
Issue hiding grouping column

On my Samsung Galaxy NOOK the grouping column on the left side will no longer disappear when tapping the top left corner in landscape mode, however it does work in portrait. The "no grouping button" lights-up when tapped in landscape, but no action.
Have I messed-up with my settings or is this a bug?
I have downloaded CC version 3.5.5.a
BBaldrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 02:43 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBaldrick View Post
On my Samsung Galaxy NOOK the grouping column on the left side will no longer disappear when tapping the top left corner in landscape mode, however it does work in portrait. The "no grouping button" lights-up when tapped in landscape, but no action.
Have I messed-up with my settings or is this a bug?
I have downloaded CC version 3.5.5.a
Since forever, CC forces open the grouping drawer on devices with a width of at least 900 "standard pixels". It sounds like your device has that or more in landscape mode. For example, my Nexus 7 and my son's Nexus 10 both behave like this, as does my Kindle Fire HD.

If in the past the grouping drawer was not forced open in landscape then I am confused. There were some tiny single-pixel adjustments to CC's screen layout during the 3.4 and 3.5 development cycle to accommodate displaying hierarchical items. It is possible that the size of your nook was so close to the limit that these small changes kicked it over.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 02:36 PM   #3
BBaldrick

Chaley, thanks for the quick reply. I'll check on the pixels. To be quite honest, I have the new NOOK now for 4 weeks and after reading your reply I am not 100% sure anymore that I was able to close it in landscape.
Old 10-25-2014, 04:30 PM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Chaley, thanks for the quick reply. I'll check on the pixels. To be quite honest, I have the new NOOK now for 4 weeks and after reading your reply I am not 100% sure anymore that I was able to close it in landscape.
Thanks for the response. My guess is that it has never closed, but who knows? Stranger things have happened.

I infer from your question that you would prefer to be able to close the grouping drawer even in landscape. Is this a correct inference? If so, you wouldn't be the first to ask for this. I don't know if making it optional is possible, but I will look into it.
Old 10-26-2014, 05:41 PM   #5
BBaldrick

Chaley,

yes correct, that would be my preference. I do not use the grouping options just sort on author in either list or grid view. Hiding the drawer might even allow for more books on a row in the grid view. I can imagine however that if you need to include each and every user preference, the program is never finished. Thanks again for you response!
Old 10-26-2014, 07:11 PM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Chaley,

yes correct, that would be my preference. I do not use the grouping options just sort on author in either list or grid view. Hiding the drawer might even allow for more books on a row in the grid view. I can imagine however that if you need to include each and every user preference, the program is never finished. Thanks again for you response!
The latest release, V3.5.5b, has an option to control whether the drawer is forced open or not. It is in the grouping drawer options.

And yes, there are many requests to make things optional. I usually wait until I get the same request several times. As I said, you weren't the first to ask about this.

And you are welcome.
Old 10-27-2014, 05:49 PM   #7
BBaldrick

Chaley,

Just checked it and it works perfectly!
An excellent app.
Thanks.
BB
Old 10-28-2014, 03:40 AM   #8
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

@theducks: the keep grouping drawer closed option is something you asked for years ago. What is it that one says about "the fullness of time"?
Old 10-30-2014, 04:04 AM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
@theducks: the keep grouping drawer closed option is something you asked for years ago. What is it that one says about "the fullness of time"?
He who waits ....
and does not tick-off important people... (to much )

theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
grouping, nook