Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 02-07-2011, 03:17 PM   #1
mgscarsbrook
Connoisseur
mgscarsbrook seems famous, but is in fact legendary.mgscarsbrook seems famous, but is in fact legendary.mgscarsbrook seems famous, but is in fact legendary.mgscarsbrook seems famous, but is in fact legendary.mgscarsbrook seems famous, but is in fact legendary.mgscarsbrook seems famous, but is in fact legendary.mgscarsbrook seems famous, but is in fact legendary.mgscarsbrook seems famous, but is in fact legendary.mgscarsbrook seems famous, but is in fact legendary.mgscarsbrook seems famous, but is in fact legendary.mgscarsbrook seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Sony EReader
The Life & Legend Of Lucrezia Borgia

Hi everyone, I am pleased to announce the release of THE LIFE & LEGEND OF LUCREZIA BORGIA. It's a non-fiction collection of research about Lucrezia Borgia and her notorious family that I undertook for my historical novel POISON IN THE BLOOD. It also contains a wide array of interesting texts about Lucrezia. Here's the official description below:

THE LIFE & LEGEND OF LUCREZIA BORGIA

The most evil woman in history? A pawn of her powerful family? A skilled ruler and a generous patron of the arts? Once described as the 'greatest whore there ever was in Rome', Lucrezia Borgia has captivated historians and artists for centuries with wildly conflicting accounts of her character. This book gathers together all the crucial information needed for a study into the life of Lucrezia, including a detailed timeline, biographical profile, an extensive description of her life in Rome, and a discussion of the Borgia family's connection to poison.

Optimized for navigation as an eBook, with a table of contents linked to every section, this book also features a broad collection of texts about Lucrezia and her notorious family.

INCLUDED INSIDE:
- Lucretia Borgia: According To Original Documents and Correspondence of Her Day by Ferdinand Gregorovius
- The Borgias by Alexander Dumas (from 'Celebrated Crimes')
- The Life of Cesare Borgia by Rafael Sabatini
- Lucrezia Borgia, libretto by Felice Romani for the Opera by Gaetano Donizetti (in Italian)
- Encyclopedia Britannica articles (11th edition) on Lucrezia Borgia and Cesare Borgia
- Love Letter From Pietro Bembo to Lucrezia Borgia

BONUS FEATURE:
- An exclusive excerpt of M. G. Scarsbrook's novel POISON IN THE BLOOD: THE MEMOIRS OF LUCREZIA BORGIA, an historical thriller featuring Lucrezia Borgia fighting to escape Rome and save her husband from assassination by her powerful family.

$0.99

FIND THE eBOOK

AMAZON / AMAZON UK / BARNES & NOBLE
mgscarsbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 01:55 AM   #2
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
I'm sure I've seen this one advertised here before?
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 02:07 PM   #3
mgscarsbrook
Connoisseur
mgscarsbrook seems famous, but is in fact legendary.mgscarsbrook seems famous, but is in fact legendary.mgscarsbrook seems famous, but is in fact legendary.mgscarsbrook seems famous, but is in fact legendary.mgscarsbrook seems famous, but is in fact legendary.mgscarsbrook seems famous, but is in fact legendary.mgscarsbrook seems famous, but is in fact legendary.mgscarsbrook seems famous, but is in fact legendary.mgscarsbrook seems famous, but is in fact legendary.mgscarsbrook seems famous, but is in fact legendary.mgscarsbrook seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Two different books - not one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post
I'm sure I've seen this one advertised here before?
No, you haven't -- you're probably confusing it with my historical novel about Lucrezia Borgia called POISON IN THE BLOOD: THE MEMOIRS OF LUCREZIA BORGIA.

I created this non-fiction book to help promote my novel (the collection of research and biographies has a large excerpt of my Lucrezia novel at the back of it), as well as generate a few extra sales in it's own right. As far as I know, it is the only collection of works about Lucrezia or the Borgias out on the market at the moment...

I don't blame you for getting muddled, though -- it's not every day someone writes one book about the Borgias, let alone two (although I suspect they will become a lot more popular when the showtime TV series comes out in April).
Old 07-07-2011, 05:31 AM   #4
mgscarsbrook
Connoisseur

The Borgias - UK Television

Looks like the new miniseries THE BORGIAS will be coming on Sky Atlantic at the end of this month.

It was a big hit in the US (they are already filming series 2) and has been sold around the world. Yay! The more people that know about Lucrezia Borgia - the subject of my huge biographical collection - the better!

Here's a link to the article about it:

http://simplytelevision.blogspot.com...a-borgias.html