Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 01-03-2008, 01:02 AM   #1
Kokomo Lee
Keeps on Ticking...
Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kindles, iStuff, Nexus and a partridge
Looking For Hanlin V8

After many (maybe too many) hours of research, the Hanlin V8 comes closest to the features I want in a dedicated eReader. The secondary screen for searching, and roll bar to move from page to page, move it up to the top of my list.

I emailed Jinke, but the V8 is no longer available for purchase. Does anyone know of an alternative source?

Thanks so much!
Sherri

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 01-15-2010 at 05:57 AM. Reason: Almost 2 years old.
Kokomo Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 02:55 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLMines View Post
After many (maybe too many) hours of research, the Hanlin V8 comes closest to the features I want in a dedicated eReader. The secondary screen for searching, and roll bar to move from page to page, move it up to the top of my list.

I emailed Jinke, but the V8 is no longer available for purchase. Does anyone know of an alternative source?

Thanks so much!
Sherri
the V2 is a better machine. Same features but a more modern OS.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 11:26 PM   #3
Kokomo Lee
Keeps on Ticking...
Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kindles, iStuff, Nexus and a partridge
V2 Not Available?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
the V2 is a better machine. Same features but a more modern OS.

Dale
I looked at the V2 on the Jinke website, but it appears that the V2 is not available to the public, but only for "cooperators". Hence, my search for a V8.

Do you know of an outlet for the V2?
Kokomo Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 12:09 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLMines View Post
I looked at the V2 on the Jinke website, but it appears that the V2 is not available to the public, but only for "cooperators". Hence, my search for a V8.

Do you know of an outlet for the V2?
sorry, no. You might email Jinke and try and convince them to sell you one. It looks much better to me than the V8. I feel that Jinke is missing the boat in that they are pushing a 'me too!' product (the V3) when they actually have much better horses in the barn. A viziplex V2 would be an excellent alternative to the iLiad and Kindle while offering potentially great value add that none of the others can really touch.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 07:00 PM   #5
mrdini
Connoisseur
mrdini doesn't littermrdini doesn't litter

Device: Hanlin V2 & V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
sorry, no. You might email Jinke and try and convince them to sell you one.
They will. I have a quote for a V2 but out of politeness to them, I won't put it here (msg me if you're curious).
Quote:
It looks much better to me than the V8. I feel that Jinke is missing the boat in that they are pushing a 'me too!' product (the V3) when they actually have much better horses in the barn. A viziplex V2 would be an excellent alternative to the iLiad and Kindle while offering potentially great value add that none of the others can really touch.
I agree. The way I see it is that for its price/feature ratio, there's very little out there to touch the V2.

Consider this - It has a Linux OS that's potentially hackable (see http://www.openinkpot.org/) and a touchscreen LCD. Whilst it's not _quite_ a full touchscreen eink display like the Iliad, it does have the advantage in that it's a regular LCD display that's easily updateable.

All this for less than half of what an Iliad costs. Now, can you see why I'm sorely tempted by the potential that the V2 presents...?
mrdini is offline   Reply With Quote