Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 12-15-2018, 08:47 AM   #1
yourrable
yourrable began at the beginning.

Device: none
How to use custom column and tag on calibre-server?

I have calibre GUI on my Mac and I use that to manage my library. I use custom column and tag browser (Categories with hierarchical items). Once, everything is done, I push it to my Ubuntu VPS where I host my calibre-server.

Unfortunately, I can't see any sorting-searching related to custom columns and tags. I did try running GUI on my Ubuntu but it is very inefficient as my VPS has only 1GB RAM.

What can I do?

Thank you.
yourrable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 12:24 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You click the magnifier icon to get to the search page, where you can access all the custom colunms/tags/whatever. Similarly you click the sorting icon to choose which column to sort on.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2018, 03:26 AM   #3
yourrable
yourrable began at the beginning.

Device: none
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You click the magnifier icon to get to the search page, where you can access all the custom colunms/tags/whatever. Similarly you click the sorting icon to choose which column to sort on.

Thank you so much!

But after a little bit of searching and going through the docs, I found solution.

Since, I have configured relevant columns and tags on my Mac, I didn't have to modify library further into my Ubuntu VPS. All I did is run the following command,

```
calibredb add_custom_column --is-multiple genre Genre text --with-library=“/home/calibre/fiction”
```

And it was good to go. (--with-library syntax may be incorrect here, but it worked in my case)

See this article: here, for more info on why I need custom column and tags.

yourrable is offline   Reply With Quote