Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-10-2022, 09:05 AM   #1
flowoeB
E-Reader Sammler
flowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheese

Device: plenty...
Angry manga no longer readable on oasis 9g

hi,

the problem:

when i download manga (e.g. high rise invasion) to my kindle oasis 9g via wlan i get only super low resolution unreadable blurry mess on the newest firmware.

if i download it via pc and transfer over usb image quality is fine again, but syncing does not work anymore.

any suggestions?

flowoeB
flowoeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 11:53 AM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Use PC. Ignore Sync, pointless fluff. Also PC Download means somewhat of a backup.

Been using Download for PC and transfer via USB for years, even before reading on Kobo.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2022, 03:00 PM   #3
flowoeB
E-Reader Sammler
flowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheese

not an option - the via pc downloaded versions do not have panel view either... and i don't always have a pc with me... and no, my collection does not fit into 32GB... i'm completely out of ideas...
Old 07-10-2022, 05:47 PM   #4
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Complain to Amazon.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 03:15 AM   #5
flowoeB
E-Reader Sammler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Complain to Amazon.
amazon gives a sh... about complains - did that two times before... (Accel world, neon genesis evangelion) - got told that they can't do anything because it's not their problem, i should contact the publisher - and they didn't even answer my mails...
Advert
Old 07-16-2022, 07:48 PM   #6
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Hmm. I downloaded Watchmen to my Kindle PW SE (WiFi) and it looks fine. So does a sample of High Rise Invasion Vol. 1.

Are you downloading over a cellular connection on Oasis or something? I could maybe understand if Amazon throttles that.

Last edited by tomsem; 07-16-2022 at 07:51 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2023, 11:59 AM   #7
flowoeB
E-Reader Sammler

k, here's what i did so far:

talked to amazon - they don't give a shit
talked to the publisher - they know of the problem but amazon is not responding to them (for over a year now!)
switched to a kindle scribe (didn't change sh*t)

so i tried to find out what's happening...

if you put an azw3 file to your kindle (via usb or download), as soon as you sync it will get converted to kfx file format. this is when things get messy and the books get ruined. looks like the kindle has to be online for this (most likely a drm thing).

i found a temporary solution in write protecting the azw3 file before conversion. this creates an error (at least a file with error in it's name) and the kindle keeps using the azw3 file. up till now it works.

so amazon is fighting piracy by f**king their paying customers in the... thank you for that!

anybody with more know how to find a better solution?

here's my how to:
.take your kindle offline
.remove every wifi password so it can't get online again
.download the manga to your pc
.put it into the 'documents' folder on your kindle via usb
.make the files inside your 'documents' folder 'read only' (writeprotected)
.read your manga
.optional: f**k amazon and buy your books elsewhere

Last edited by flowoeB; 03-12-2023 at 12:17 PM.
Old 03-12-2023, 04:08 PM   #8
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by flowoeB View Post
k, here's what i did so far:

talked to amazon - they don't give a shit
talked to the publisher - they know of the problem but amazon is not responding to them (for over a year now!)
switched to a kindle scribe (didn't change sh*t)

so i tried to find out what's happening...

if you put an azw3 file to your kindle (via usb or download), as soon as you sync it will get converted to kfx file format. this is when things get messy and the books get ruined. looks like the kindle has to be online for this (most likely a drm thing).

i found a temporary solution in write protecting the azw3 file before conversion. this creates an error (at least a file with error in it's name) and the kindle keeps using the azw3 file. up till now it works.

so amazon is fighting piracy by f**king their paying customers in the... thank you for that!

anybody with more know how to find a better solution?

here's my how to:
.take your kindle offline
.remove every wifi password so it can't get online again
.download the manga to your pc
.put it into the 'documents' folder on your kindle via usb
.make the files inside your 'documents' folder 'read only' (writeprotected)
.read your manga
.optional: f**k amazon and buy your books elsewhere
If the AZW3 works just fine until Amazon replaces it, then just remove the asin of the book. Then your Kindle won't know what to replace it with.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2023, 08:55 AM   #9
flowoeB
E-Reader Sammler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
If the AZW3 works just fine until Amazon replaces it, then just remove the asin of the book. Then your Kindle won't know what to replace it with.
is this possible for a large (several hundret) number of manga with drm? i have no desire to mess with calibre and dedrm, i just want to read my bought manga on my bought kindle without altering the files if possible.

and what is the advantage over making them writeprotected?
Old 03-13-2023, 11:51 AM   #10
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by flowoeB View Post
is this possible for a large (several hundret) number of manga with drm? i have no desire to mess with calibre and dedrm, i just want to read my bought manga on my bought kindle without altering the files if possible.

and what is the advantage over making them writeprotected?
The only advantage would be, that you don't have to put it in airplane mode. Not sure if it is possible to remove the ASIN on a still DRM protected book.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2023, 12:52 PM   #11
flowoeB
E-Reader Sammler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
The only advantage would be, that you don't have to put it in airplane mode. Not sure if it is possible to remove the ASIN on a still DRM protected book.
the write protection keeps it from converting to kfx - the airplane mode is to keep the kindle from updating itself to a state where azw is no longer supported - which i am sure will come soon