Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-21-2020, 09:43 PM   #16
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Try on other networks. I suspect Onyxes can be touchy about wifi routers.No amount of fiddling got my original router to work with them. Test them on an open network somewhere.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 09:50 PM   #17
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Never heard of android 6 nor 1,2,3,4 or 5 lol Android is android to me
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2020, 07:17 AM   #18
maxcol
maxcol began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Max2 Pro
I got my new Ipad Pro 2020, which cost just 1/3 more than my Onyx Max 2. but is 100 times better regarding speed, stability, features, multitasking, available apps, support and community. Okay, the Ipad is a bit more straining for the eyes but still I will never look at that Onyx expensive junk anymore, it makes me so angry at the money I have wasted on it.
maxcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 07:42 AM   #19
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
You told an interesting piece of news here.
But I leave colorful devices standing when I don't want to do anything other than read books and also scribble around in them.
No bitten apple can compete with a Boox - simply because the software for it is missing.
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 11:24 AM   #20
maxcol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
You told an interesting piece of news here.
But I leave colorful devices standing when I don't want to do anything other than read books and also scribble around in them.
No bitten apple can compete with a Boox - simply because the software for it is missing.
I also wanted mainly to read and annotate pdf files and take/manage notes on a big screen. But for the price of 850$ I expected the Onyx Max Pro to be REALLY good at this. The additional promised functionality was a bonus (web browsing, other Android apps, etc) What I got instead was a clumsy and buggy reading/annotating experience coupled with horrible customer support. Moreover, web browsing and Android apps are even clumsier and buggier (I guess because of the decrepit Android 6 operating system). In retrospect I would not have paid more than 150$ for this junk.
Advert
Old 05-22-2020, 12:23 PM   #21
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxcol View Post
I also wanted mainly to read and annotate pdf files and take/manage notes on a big screen. But for the price of 850$ I expected the Onyx Max Pro to be REALLY good at this. The additional promised functionality was a bonus (web browsing, other Android apps, etc) What I got instead was a clumsy and buggy reading/annotating experience coupled with horrible customer support. Moreover, web browsing and Android apps are even clumsier and buggier (I guess because of the decrepit Android 6 operating system). In retrospect I would not have paid more than 150$ for this junk.
But now you cannot scribble in an eboook.
Old 05-22-2020, 02:14 PM   #22
maxcol

Sure I can, with the stylus (a.k.a pencil). I have already scribbled in pdf and djvu files :-) If you mean in epub files, I didn't try yet but I don't see why I would want to do that given that I only use pdf and djvu for technical, math heavy material. Typing a note with the keyboard is just fine for text annotations

Last edited by maxcol; 05-22-2020 at 02:17 PM.
Old 05-22-2020, 11:17 PM   #23
whopper
Addict
whopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Boox max 2
but onyx promised android 9 for Q3 2019, just update it.

oh wait.
whopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 01:07 AM   #24
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Sure I can, with the stylus (a.k.a pencil). I have already scribbled in pdf and djvu files :-) If you mean in epub files, I didn't try yet but I don't see why I would want to do that given that I only use pdf and djvu for technical, math heavy material. Typing a note with the keyboard is just fine for text annotations
You poorest, I like to work outdoors and in the sun - with a bitten apple you won't be able to do that now.

Last edited by ottischwenk; 05-23-2020 at 03:37 AM.
Old 05-23-2020, 03:37 AM   #25
maxcol

Quote:
You poorest, I like to work outdoors and in the sun - you won't be able to do that now.
Oh my goodness, you are right! what shall I do now?
Old 05-23-2020, 03:42 AM   #26
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Oh my goodness, you are right! what shall I do now?
just stay in the dark
Old 05-23-2020, 03:53 AM   #27
maxcol

Quote:
just stay in the dark
Can I open the window, please? Or turn on the lamp after dark? I have been told by a reputable source that LCD screens work also in ambient light...
Old 05-23-2020, 04:28 AM   #28
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Can I open the window, please? Or turn on the lamp after dark? I have been told by a reputable source that LCD screens work also in ambient light...
They work even in the brightest sunshine, but the brighter it is in the area, the more likely they become a mirror.
Now I have recognized it, so you want to admire yourself.
In this regard, of course, Onyx had to be a bad buy
Old 05-23-2020, 04:39 AM   #29
maxcol

Quote:
They work even in the brightest sunshine, but the brighter it is in the area, the more likely they become a mirror.
Now I have recognized it, so you want to admire yourself.
In this regard, of course, Onyx had to be a bad buy
I think you sit too much in the sun...
Old 05-23-2020, 05:00 AM   #30
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
I think you sit too much in the sun...
Think?
I doubt that thinking guys would exchange a Boox for a bitten apple if it was intended to be used.
But if you want an apple, you don't buy a boox and then scold about it - that's not a particularly intelligent approach.