Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-27-2021, 03:50 AM   #1
Ma'am-I-Am
Preferred pronouns: We/Us
Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2
K4PC registration screen flickers, can't register

It's been so long since I've borrowed an .azw4 that I can't remember how to properly get it into Calibre, but I know I need to download it via K4PC first (I have no Fire tablet). Unfortunately, I seem to have uninstalled it and now when I install 1.24.50168 and go to Options/Register, the frame it opens refreshes so fast I can't type in my email address!

What do I do?
Ma'am-I-Am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 12:19 AM   #2
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
[ Wicked shoe in that avatar! ] Err, um, BUMP! Calling attention to your post. But I don't know the answer, sorry.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2021, 08:16 AM   #3
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma'am-I-Am View Post
It's been so long since I've borrowed an .azw4 that I can't remember how to properly get it into Calibre, but I know I need to download it via K4PC first (I have no Fire tablet). Unfortunately, I seem to have uninstalled it and now when I install 1.24.50168 and go to Options/Register, the frame it opens refreshes so fast I can't type in my email address!

What do I do?
I would try downloading an older version of K4PC. Instructions on how to get older versions are in the first post of this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=283371

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 04:10 PM   #4
NullNix
Guru
NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
[ Wicked shoe in that avatar! ] Err, um, BUMP! Calling attention to your post. But I don't know the answer, sorry.
No, these are wicked shoes. (but this is a Punch parody, so probably they never existed. "Anti-garrotting collars" with foot-long spikes on definitely did exist.)
NullNix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 01:38 AM   #5
Ma'am-I-Am
Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@shalym
1.24.50168 should work (it did before). I tried deleting the contents of My Kindle, but it didn't change anything. I'll have to work on it later.

Until then, any other suggestions from anyone?
Advert
Old 12-30-2022, 01:23 PM   #6
Slipkid
Enthusiast
Slipkid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slipkid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slipkid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slipkid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slipkid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slipkid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slipkid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slipkid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slipkid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slipkid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slipkid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
@shalym
1.24.50168 should work (it did before). I tried deleting the contents of My Kindle, but it didn't change anything. I'll have to work on it later.

Until then, any other suggestions from anyone?
Just encountered this issue. Has it been solved? Someone reported this on the epubor site and their answer was to use 1.31. Just curious if this works. I don't have a copy of 1.31 so I'd have to look for one.

Thanks
Slipkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2022, 05:06 PM   #7
Ma'am-I-Am

If it's been solved, it wasn't by me. I gave up and just avoid azw4 which makes me sad because I have a book that is azw4 and can't read it.
Old 12-30-2022, 05:24 PM   #8
Slipkid
Enthusiast
Slipkid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slipkid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slipkid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slipkid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slipkid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slipkid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slipkid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slipkid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slipkid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slipkid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slipkid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
If it's been solved, it wasn't by me. I gave up and just avoid azw4 which makes me sad because I have a book that is azw4 and can't read it.
I've been messing around with different versions since I posted. I was using 1.24 - which wasn't letting register. However, I was able to get 1.26 to work with registering and moving regular ebooks to calibre. Not sure about the AZW4 files though.
Old 12-30-2022, 05:32 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipkid View Post
Just encountered this issue. Has it been solved? Someone reported this on the epubor site and their answer was to use 1.31. Just curious if this works. I don't have a copy of 1.31 so I'd have to look for one.

Thanks
Please never mention that garbage program that stole code from DeDRM. You won't get help using it here.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2022, 05:49 PM   #10
Slipkid
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Please never mention that garbage program that stole code from DeDRM. You won't get help using it here.

When I was searching for answers a similar problem from one of their users showed up near the top in the results. I realize the software they peddle is freeware.
Old 12-30-2022, 06:52 PM   #11
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipkid View Post
When I was searching for answers a similar problem from one of their users showed up near the top in the results. I realize the software they peddle is freeware.
That is because they, like many other web sites, pour much of their energy into gaming search engines rather than being useful enough to have a high ranking naturally.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote