Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 03-26-2019, 03:09 PM   #1
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
KFX dictionary

I would like to create a NADSAT KFX dictionary (just as a proof of concept).

As the wiki says, dictionaries for new languages are now formatted as an SQLite data base.

and,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
Unfortunately, Amazon hasn't released an official KFX dictionary converter. You're stuck with KindleGen and MOBI dictionaries for the time being.
I have been looking at the "Gujarati into Gujarati dictionary_B06X6HVPX1.kfx" dictionary

Spoiler:
Click image for larger version

Name:	DB Browser for SQLite.png
Views:	586
Size:	145.5 KB
ID:	170410

Has anyone else tried to reverse engineer the format? There are not many tables, and the few fragment properties are possibly indicative of a simple structure. I am hoping that replacing the encrypted DRM blobs with properly structured clear text would produce a valid KFX dictionary.
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 07:56 AM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
I looked into this awhile ago.

Kindle Previewer 3 and Kindle Create produce a variant of KFX format known as KPF (Kindle Package Format). The main component of this format is an SQLite 3 database containing the book's metadata and content split into pieces known as fragments or entities. These are highly structured and coded in Amazon's binary Ion format.

The KFX dictionaries appear to be in the same format with some exceptions: The fragments that make up the book's content are encrypted in DRMION format. There is an added table that maps words in the dictionary in-language to positions within the book's content, presumably where their definitions are located.

Inflection processing appears to be hard coded in the reader software for the small set of languages that are supported by KFX dictionaries.

The KFXGenApp, which is part of Kindle Previewer 3 and is used by my KFX Output plugin for calibre, lacks the ability to convert dictionaries. If you bypass the check preventing conversion you find that it is missing language-specific DLLs that are needed for that process.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2021, 04:45 PM   #3
coolice
coolice began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoP View Post
I would like to create a NADSAT KFX dictionary (just as a proof of concept).

As the wiki says, dictionaries for new languages are now formatted as an SQLite data base.

and,

I have been looking at the "Gujarati into Gujarati dictionary_B06X6HVPX1.kfx" dictionary

Has anyone else tried to reverse engineer the format? There are not many tables, and the few fragment properties are possibly indicative of a simple structure. I am hoping that replacing the encrypted DRM blobs with properly structured clear text would produce a valid KFX dictionary.
Hi, I know it was a while, but may I ask if you succeeded ?
coolice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 07:17 AM   #4
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Sadly I didn't. Lack of documentation, and proprietary KFXGenApp, halted my bragging pretentions.
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote