Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 07-03-2021, 01:16 PM   #1876
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Rip8--unfortunately k2pdfopt does not transfer the hyperlinks to the converted files at this time. I'll make a note of your request.
willus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 12:44 PM   #1877
phate89
phate89 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Hi. I have a very weird problem.
I'm using this command to split files in half:
k2pdfopt -grid 2x1x0 -mode crop -p 2-4 "input.pdf" -n -o "output.pdf"
It gives me a very well split pdf with pages in half.
The problem is that if i open the pdf in calibre I see them attached. They are logically bound in some way. If i open them with adobe reader I see them splitted how they want.
The problem is that if i convert them from pdf to other formats I get compressed images with the 2 pages joined.
How can I avoid that? I can't understand why it does that
Thanks in advance!
phate89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 12:59 PM   #1878
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Did you try the -ppgs option? This post-processes with Ghostscript and sometimes helps with problems like this. The issue is that k2pdfopt is taking the original PDF and adding cropping commands to show cropped portions of each page (it does this in “native” mode), and it sounds like some software doesn’t respect that or ignores that. You could turn off native mode also (-n-) but that will bitmap each page and may not be what you want.
willus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 03:22 PM   #1879
phate89
phate89 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I understand now.. that option didn't do anything. I went with non-native option (it's still a scanned pdf afterall with images so no problem).
it seems is a known problem of the pdf reader they use and it's there since a long time:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/881717
thanks for the help!
phate89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebook apps, k5 tools, kindle tools, kindle touch, tools