Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 07-23-2022, 01:48 PM   #61
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ableal View Post
When it grows up it will handle the job of too many too full shelves.
What are these "shelves" that you speak of, stranger?
Renate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 02:55 PM   #62
Nightflyer
Connoisseur
Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M6, Kobo Clara HD
I carry my Kobo Clara squeezed into in over the shoulder sling bag with other things literally everywhere hiking biking travel everywhere and I use the stock case with stiff strong protection over the screen that I think has protected protected the screen for 2 years already.
Nightflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2022, 09:54 PM   #63
spacepope
Zealot
spacepope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spacepope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spacepope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spacepope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spacepope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spacepope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spacepope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spacepope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spacepope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spacepope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spacepope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 3, Smartphone
After using my H2O so much over the last year, I have decided to get a Kobo Clara as it would fit in my purse a lot better.

So, my expected arrangement is that my H2O will sit on my beside table or somewhere in the house in a case. The Clara will go into my purse naked, with it's front screen pressed up against a soft notepad I keep in my purse. It shouldn't get hurt at all and I appreciate how light the Clara is caseless.
spacepope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 02:36 PM   #64
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacepope View Post
After using my H2O so much over the last year, I have decided to get a Kobo Clara as it would fit in my purse a lot better.

So, my expected arrangement is that my H2O will sit on my beside table or somewhere in the house in a case. The Clara will go into my purse naked, with it's front screen pressed up against a soft notepad I keep in my purse. It shouldn't get hurt at all and I appreciate how light the Clara is caseless.
You might want to wait until the new forthcoming Kobo Clara 2e is released.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 07:54 PM   #65
spacepope
Zealot
spacepope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spacepope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spacepope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spacepope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spacepope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spacepope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spacepope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spacepope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spacepope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spacepope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spacepope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 3, Smartphone
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You might want to wait until the new forthcoming Kobo Clara 2e is released.
I got it without knowing! I think I’ll be ok, unless the new Clara is wildly better? I don’t even know what features I would want beyond the current Clara features. Thanks for telling me about it though!

I can’t even regret the purchase. Got it for $85 during the sale.
spacepope is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2022, 12:49 PM   #66
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
I always travel with my ebook reader and my purse has a good pocket for it so it's safe while traveling with me everywhere I go.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 04:19 PM   #67
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
I have a case for my kindle and when I take it out it’s usually in my backpack.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 02:46 PM   #68
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
In a case then in my purse?
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 02:33 PM   #69
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
In my heart, dear. In my ❤️
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 02:01 PM   #70
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I'm a bus driver who drives on roads full of enormous potholes and wandering dogs, and I like to carry my ebook reader in my back pocket, as my right and left buttocks jounce around on the seat like bowls of jello.

BUT SERIOUSLY, FOLKS: I have two different shoulder bags. One is horizontal, while the other one is more of a vertical type.

My Kobo Aura One (being somewhat tall), I carry in the vertical bag. My newly-acquired Kobo Libra 2 fits nicely in the horizontal shaped bag.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 05:55 PM   #71
kitimitsu
kitimitsu began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Kindle Paperwhite 4
My main ereader is a Kobo Clara and would have been the Libra 2 (bought twice and returned twice due to constant freezing issues did not want to chance a third time!). My Clara has a sleep cover and fits easily in my purse or my everyday bag which for some years now has been a crossbody/messenger bag from Flip and Tumble.

https://flip-tumble.myshopify.com/pr...nt=23710726595
kitimitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 06:53 PM   #72
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitimitsu View Post
Hmm, that's pretty nice.
I've had a Hobo International cross-body for years.
I think that it's called "Swift Sac"?
It's been discontinued but can be found on ebay.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/325246990158
Also in Amazon as unavailable:
https://www.amazon.in/HOBO-INTERNATI.../dp/B0753FZDSL

Last edited by Renate; 08-05-2022 at 06:59 PM.
Old 08-05-2022, 07:45 PM   #73
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
My main ereader is a Kobo Clara and would have been the Libra 2 (bought twice and returned twice due to constant freezing issues did not want to chance a third time!). My Clara has a sleep cover and fits easily in my purse or my everyday bag which for some years now has been a crossbody/messenger bag from Flip and Tumble.

I've got a bag from Amazon of identical dimensions. Not as good: canvas, not nylon, and no pouch. Better: Top handles as well as a shoulder strap and half the price in the US.

https://smile.amazon.com/Canvas-Hand...dp/B07GSNJV4P/

The logo is hideous, but it's easily removed without a trace.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 08:32 PM   #74
Renate
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
The logo is hideous, but it's easily removed without a trace.
Not bad. I always remove big logo things.
My guitar gig bag had a sheet music pouch with a big, obnoxious, "BRAND X QUALITY GUITARS".
I took the whole pouch off immediately.
OTOH, I've had things where they intentionally? cut/burned a hole underneath a sewn-on logo.
Old 08-10-2022, 01:26 AM   #75
mlewis78
Guru
mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 (7"); HDX 8.9"; Ipad2
Quote:

I clicked on the link and realize I have this in a convertible backpack. Now I wonder if I can find it in my apartment. At the time I bought it I wasn't using backpacks much but now I use one as a gym bag. This one would be great (lightweight) for walking around.
mlewis78 is offline   Reply With Quote