Notices

Old 06-27-2022, 10:37 AM   #1
Mr.Shortstop
Mr.Shortstop began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch 2.0, All-New Kindle
Setting Resolution on Boox Poke/Leaf

Okay, this might be stupid question:

"Is there any way if i can lowering my screen resolution on Onyx?"

I've been thinking to upgrade my ol' Reader and considering Boox. But here's the deal: i will use it primary for my magazine/comic collection. Higher resolution means bigger file too, and with the limited storage of Boox i'm pretty sure i might be run out of storage.

I am waiting for Poke 4 Lite to be released on local store. Yes, it might be low on specs, but with E-Ink Carta on screen it just the way i needed..

The only thing i concern is 16GB might not sufficient. I'm also thinking for Poke 3, or even Leaf.

So i just wondering since it is android-based, perhaps i can set my device on lower resolution? is there any factory setting option in it? or can i use Android Developer Mode to change the resolution?

Please give me some advise. Appreciate if there are some picture as well to show me the menu
Mr.Shortstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 09:26 AM   #2
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kingrow K1 (former N96 ML/i86ML Plus/M92)
Let me see if i got it right.
You do have already a collection of digital magazines (i guess pdf) and comics (cbr/cbz) and you want to read them on a small 6 inches greyscale display.
And you'd like to decrease the quality of the files you already have for the sake of having all on the device.
Make no sense to me, are you sure a standard cheaper tablet or an expensive Nova-C isn't covering better your scenario?

The only comics i keep on my Nova 2 is something small, simple and originally black/white like Peanuts where i can see it with no compromise

Maybe you can try on your smartphone/tablet a sofware like "a comic viewer" that can handle reading files from a local nas/network share.

Last edited by underscore; 06-28-2022 at 09:32 AM.
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2022, 10:55 AM   #3
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Yeah, reducing display resolution makes no sense.
Are these physical materials that you are going to scan?
If they are already digital assets you might possibly save space by post-processing to B/W.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 02:16 PM   #4
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Shortstop View Post
I've been thinking to upgrade my ol' Reader and considering Boox. But here's the deal: i will use it primary for my magazine/comic collection. Higher resolution means bigger file too, and with the limited storage of Boox i'm pretty sure i might be run out of storage.
The files have their size and it is independent of the screen resolution.
A lower resolution is therefore pointless.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 09:03 PM   #5
winstonma
Zealot
winstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windows

Device: Onyx Boox Nova
I ran this code on adb shell to change the density setting:

Quote:
# Check the current density setting (default value of Nova is 300)
wm density
# Change the density setting (To me, 360 is the optimal value)
wm density 360
# Clear ContentBrowser cache
pm clear com.onyx
After running this command you will have a App UI layout setting. Now I am running a Onyx Leaf UI (button navigation bar) on my Onyx Nova. This command would only change the app layout but not the actual pixel density of your device.

Last edited by winstonma; 06-29-2022 at 01:32 AM.
winstonma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert