Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-14-2021, 02:20 PM   #1
wiso
Enthusiast
wiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it is

Device: kindle
[GUI Plugin] AudioBook_Duration

[GUI Plugin] AudioBook_Duration

This plugin calculates the duration of the audiobooks or audio files associated with a book (within its folder), and adds that duration in a custom column that we have previously created for this purpose. (It will be a duration column but we can call it whatever we want).

At the moment it has no additional functions.
Main features

Calculate the duration of the books in our library, or of the associated audios that are included in the folders of the selected books.

Put that result in a custom column, previously.

Special notes
Requires calibre 5.xx (python3)(QT5)
It needs python3
Compatible with calibre 6.xx (QT6)

suported operating systems:
-Linux (Pluguin is working) Tested on ubuntu 20.04
-Windows (Plugin is working) Tested on windows 10
Maybe fail if calibre plugin folder doesn't have permisión for all users, i tryied to solve this and i think its solved.
-Mac (Plugin is working) Tested on MacOS Big Sur 11.6

Supported languages (This plugin has support for translations):
You are free to provide a translation in your preferred language
Spoiler:
For now supported:
-English
-French
-Spanish
-Catalan

Installation Notes
Download the attached zip file and install the plugin as described in the Plugins Overview thread.
You can add it to the menu bar to use it comfortably (it is added by default)

Create a custom column
Click on the button of our plugin "AudioBook_Duration" on the button to configure the plugin, and in this field fill in the name of the custom column # duration or the name you have given it.
Select an audiobook from our calibre library and press the button "update the audiobook duration column"

Version Update
# Version 1.0.9 - 2022-07-11
Added support for Calibre 6.x and new libraries QT6

we need to install or add a file for rar support
instructions for support of .rar files.

windows:
https://www.rarlab.com/rar_add.htm
Add the file unrar.exe inside the plugin folder like User / AppData / roaming / calibre / plugins / AudioBook_Duration / rarfile / unrar.exe

linux:
install rar and unrar.
example for debian ubuntu.
sudo apt-get install rar
sudo apt-get install unrar

mac:
untested, but should be similiar like linux
install rar and unrar

Changelog
Spoiler:
# Version 1.0.9 - 2022-07-11
Added support for Calibre 6.x and new libraries QT6

# Version 1.0.8 - 2022-01-07
Removed word "plugin" from the name on tool-bar (its' redundant on a plugin)
Changed the way is showed duration, in old versions was days hours minutes seconds DD:HH:MM:SS
Now is only Hours Minutes Seconds HH:MM:SS
Added support for language Catalan (Català)

# Version 1.0.7 - 2022-01-02
Added support for single compressed files (Zip, Rar) without password.
Example mi_book.zip that includes a forlder and files for each chapter
(chapter1.mp3, chapter2.ogg, chapter3.aac ...)

native support for .zip files

we need to install or add a file for rar support
instructions for support of .rar files.

windows:
https://www.rarlab.com/rar_add.htm
Add the file unrar.exe inside the plugin folder like User / AppData / roaming / calibre / plugins / AudioBook_Duration / rarfile / unrar.exe

linux:
install rar and unrar.
example for debian ubuntu.
sudo apt-get install rar
sudo apt-get install unrar

mac:
untested, but should be similiar like linux
install rar and unrar

# Version 1.0.6 - 2021-12-13
Added support for (M4b) extension.

# Version 1.0.5 - 2021-12-08
Fixed requirements description.
This plugin needs, calibre 5.0 or newer.

# Version 1.0.4 - 2021-11-23
Added New Supported file type extension (Flac, Mp4, Aac, Ac3)
All Supported file extensions (Mp3, M4a, Mp4, Ogg, Flac, Aac, Ac3)

# Version 1.0.3 - 2021-11-21
Added progress bar to see the percentage of books processed. (basic progress bar)

# Version 1.0.2 - 2021-11-17
Version number included in both the about.txt file and the __ini.py__ file
Modified the automatic refresh when the plugin finishes calculating the duration of each audiobook

# Version 1.0.1 - 2021-11-15
Added automatic refresh when the plugin finishes calculating the duration of the audiobooks, when finishes all.

# Version 1.0.0 - 2021-11-14
Released First version of AudioBook_Duration plugin
This plugin calculates the duration of the audiobooks or audio files associated with a book (within its folder),
and adds that duration in a custom column that we have previously created for this purpose.
(It will be a duration column but we can call it whatever we want).

screenshots
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	419
Size:	2.7 KB
ID:	190242   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	438
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	190243   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	444
Size:	11.0 KB
ID:	190244   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	407
Size:	7.7 KB
ID:	190245   Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	383
Size:	4.5 KB
ID:	190246   Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	7.2 KB
ID:	190247   Click image for larger version

Name:	duration.png
Views:	359
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	190381   Click image for larger version

Name:	unrar.png
Views:	262
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	191267  
Attached Files
File Type: zip AudioBook_Duration.zip (726.5 KB, 31333 views)

Last edited by wiso; 07-11-2022 at 12:23 PM. Reason: update to V1.0.8
wiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 03:06 PM   #2
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Hi the person who made the AudioBook Duration plugin, can't edit the main thread. Any way to be able to do it?

Last edited by dunhill; 11-14-2021 at 06:26 PM.
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2021, 04:16 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiso View Post
. . .

Installation Notes

Download the attached zip file and install the plugin as described in the Plugins Overview thread.
I don't see a zip file.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 06:20 PM   #4
wiso
Enthusiast
wiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it is

My bad.

Here is the zip file.

P.S: Any admin could tell me, why i can't edit the main post?
Moderator Notice
moved PI to Post #1

Last edited by theducks; 11-14-2021 at 06:36 PM.
Old 11-14-2021, 06:34 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Yup
You are a NEW MR user below the required (magic) number of posts.
This is an Anti-Spammer protocol.
You also can't use PM's (But if you ask down in the FEEDBACK forum , a board level Mod can turn that on.
I will move your PI to post 1 (that is the location that Kovids Get Plugin tool scrapes).
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2021, 06:59 PM   #6
wiso
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Yup
You also can't use PM's (But if you ask down in the FEEDBACK forum , a board level Mod can turn that on.
I will move your PI to post 1 (that is the location that Kovids Get Plugin tool scrapes).
I undertand that its a security protocol.

Tomorrow i'll read the FAQ of the forum.

Thx for all.
Old 11-15-2021, 02:23 AM   #7
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Yup
The Updater only scrapes threads that have an entry in the index, unless that's been changed - over to you

BR
Old 11-15-2021, 10:55 AM   #8
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
P.S: if possible I would like to ask if any administrator can edit /update the main post for bold titles.
I've copied your previous post into the first post (minus this line) and the attached zip file.

As I recall, once you have made 10 posts, the system should allow you to do your own updates. Calibre level mods can't change that, sorry.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 10:59 AM   #9
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Curious to know, what is Gauge (you list it as required)?

What environments does this support (Windows, Mac, Linux)?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 11:15 AM   #10
wiso
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Curious to know, what is Gauge (you list it as required)?

What environments does this support (Windows, Mac, Linux)?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
I don't know why i typed "Gauge" i whant to mean Calibre 5.x whith python 3.x suport. (sorry for that)

I tested this plugin on:
Linux (Working)
Windows (Working, but maybe fail if calibre plugin folder doesn't have permisión for all users, i tryied to solve this and i think its solved, but is not tested 100%)
Mac (Testing, it should work soon,i don't have a mac ... so i have to ask someone to test it to see if it really works)
Old 11-15-2021, 03:11 PM   #11
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
tested on linux, works fine, thanks for your work
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 03:41 PM   #12
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
I don't know why i typed "Gauge" i whant to mean Calibre 5.x whith python 3.x suport. (sorry for that)

I tested this plugin on:
Linux (Working)
Windows (Working, but maybe fail if calibre plugin folder doesn't have permisión for all users, i tryied to solve this and i think its solved, but is not tested 100%)
Mac (Testing, it should work soon,i don't have a mac ... so i have to ask someone to test it to see if it really works)
I fixed Gauge for you
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 09:27 AM   #13
wiso
Enthusiast

Update news about:
suported operating systems:

Linux (Pluguin is working) Tested on ubuntu 20.04
Windows (Plugin is working) Tested on windows 10
Maybe fail if calibre plugin folder doesn't have permisión for all users, i tryied to solve this and i think its solved.
Mac (Plugin is working) Tested on MacOS Big Sur 11.6
Old 11-22-2021, 12:21 PM   #14
wiso
Enthusiast

Version Update
Version 1.0.3 - 2021-11-21
Added progress bar to see the percentage of books processed. (basic progress bar)

Changelog
Spoiler:
# Version 1.0.3 - 2021-11-21

# Version 1.0.2 - 2021-11-17
Version number included in both the about.txt file and the __ini.py__ file
Modified the automatic refresh when the plugin finishes calculating the duration of each audiobook

# Version 1.0.1 - 2021-11-15
Added automatic refresh when the plugin finishes calculating the duration of the audiobooks, when finishes all.

# Version 1.0.0 - 2021-11-14
Released First version of AudioBook_Duration plugin
This plugin calculates the duration of the audiobooks or audio files associated with a book (within its folder),
and adds that duration in a custom column that we have previously created for this purpose.
(It will be a duration column but we can call it whatever we want).

Moderator Notice
moved PI to post #1

Last edited by theducks; 11-22-2021 at 12:29 PM.
Old 11-22-2021, 05:11 PM   #15
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

@theducks - post #8 is 'confusing', I suspect it's redundant.

@wiso - what file types does the PI process? Example: can it do flac and mp4.

BR