Old 11-28-2022, 09:12 AM   #7786
julo
Enthusiast
julo began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505,900 geb-1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyber21tan View Post
copy over the personal.ini contents to computer B and it should fix the issue
Thank you, that fixed my pressing issue, but did not answer the question where the information might be. I run Calibre portable and may want to delete any traces.
julo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 11:08 AM   #7787
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
FFF stores its settings, including personal.ini, inside the library database. So it physically resides inside the metadata.db file in your library directory.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 01:37 PM   #7788
julo
Enthusiast
julo began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505,900 geb-1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
FFF stores its settings, including personal.ini, inside the library database. So it physically resides inside the metadata.db file in your library directory.
Thanks for the info.
So it is part of Calibre and not somewhere in the registry or whatnot.

Last edited by julo; 11-30-2022 at 10:03 AM.
julo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 08:45 PM   #7789
ownedbycats
Grand Sorcerer
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (retired), Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by julo View Post
Thanks for the info.
So it is part of Calibre and not somewhere in the registry or whatnot.
Also settings are library-specific.

If I remember correctly, the 'copy structure' checkmark when creating a new library will copy it.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 09:11 PM   #7790
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
If I remember correctly, the 'copy structure' checkmark when creating a new library will copy it.
So it does. I did not know that.
Old 11-29-2022, 03:10 AM   #7791
ownedbycats
Grand Sorcerer
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Question: If possible, how would I do a replace_metadata on datePublished? e.g. =>2020-01-01?

Story-specific, obviously— case example is a still in-progress fic moved to AO3 without being backdated. Checking 'new only' works for Calibre metadata but not the title page.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 11-29-2022 at 03:58 AM.
Old 11-29-2022, 10:56 AM   #7792
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Question: If possible, how would I do a replace_metadata on datePublished? e.g. =>2020-01-01?

Story-specific, obviously— case example is a still in-progress fic moved to AO3 without being backdated. Checking 'new only' works for Calibre metadata but not the title page.
What have you tried and what didn't work with it?
Old 11-29-2022, 11:25 AM   #7793
ownedbycats
Grand Sorcerer

User error. I was trying to match the date exactly and used the wrong one. A match-all works:

Code:
add_to_replace_metadata:
 datePublished=>^.*$=>2012-04-16
While it wasn't the case this time, I also wonder whether timezones might throw off the date and cause it to fail.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 11-29-2022 at 11:27 AM.
Old 11-29-2022, 12:02 PM   #7794
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Timezones in python are a disaster--weren't even included in python distro until 3.9. Timezones as used by various sites are inconsistent--some are site TZ, some are user TZ.

FFF basically just ignores timezones as much as possible.
Old 11-29-2022, 12:22 PM   #7795
ownedbycats
Grand Sorcerer

Yes, I remember the timezone issue coming up in one instance: one now-complete story, the author always updated at exactly 12:00 GMT on Saturday. Since I'm -4:00, it wasn't uncommon for me to read that same chapter on Friday night. This confused one of my templates which checked that #lastupdated was newer than #lastread.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 11-29-2022 at 12:44 PM.
Old 11-29-2022, 06:11 PM   #7796
atsumiri
atsumiri began at the beginning.

Device: Oneplus 10 pro
Hi, first of all i want to thank you for this amazing plugin!
It saves so much time! thank you

I think FicBook.net have made some changes and now when i download or update any fics from there it always put 'In-Progress' status into metadata even for the fics that have "Completed" status.

For example, https://ficbook.net/readfic/4851292 this fic has "Завершён" - "Completed" status but it shows 'In-Progress' status in metadata
Is there any way to fix it?
atsumiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 11:43 AM   #7797
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Test Version Posted

2022-11-30
- adapter_ficbooknet: Site change for status + remove debug
Old Today, 12:06 PM   #7798
ownedbycats
Grand Sorcerer

Is add_category_when_multi_category:false the correct syntax for when I don't want to add 'crossover' in a story-section override? It works, so probably yes. (The forum search won't let me search for it.)

Last edited by ownedbycats; Today at 02:00 PM.