Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 11-28-2022, 10:54 AM   #76
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2 + iPad Air 2 + iPad Air 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Any criticism is welcome on the cover. AND - I - MEAN - ANY - CRITICISM !!

I put this together using a FREE image from Unsplash.com and Pixelmator Pro.

(The green reminds of my younger days when I smoked. This is NOT my intention at all in this novella-in-flash fiction piece.)
Could you try and do the first one again, but with a black background instead of the horrible blurry green, and then white text? Also, why are there three names on the front?

I like the crayons, I think it is a great asset. And I think it would 'pop' nicely on a black background.
David Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 11:16 AM   #77
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I went through my thread and found your post on recommended fonts.

I downloaded Hank BT and I do like the look of it. I replaced the earlier font with the Hank font, but for some reason I can't get it to boldface using Pixelmator Pro. Also, it's just a bit too thin compared to its replacement. This is the reason I attempted to boldface it - without success.

I'll try some of the other fonts you recommended and do a comparison.
I'm unsure that a Hank bold actually exists, so yes, you would likely need to invent it, or create it, for lack of a better term. If I had it, I'd aid you but as I said, methinks it doesn't exist.

LifeSavers Bold is similar, although not the same. That does have an ExtraBold face, too. Granted, it's not like Helvetica bold, but...

Offered FWIW. (P.S. I am also fond of Two Fingers Bodoni, but again, AFAIK, that comes in a single weight. I used that in a lovely, lovely kids book and it worked well.)

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote