parkaymang began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Page
Quote:
Originally Posted by mergen3107 View Post
AFWall+ Settings: Experimental
1) Startup delay (unchecked)
2) Startup directory path for script: /data/adb/post-fs-data.d/
3) Fix startup leak (checked)

This setup makes sure AFWall+ kicks in first, then lets any Wi-Fi connection actually happen after reboot. So you can leave Wi-Fi on before rebooting.
Ok the /data/adb/post-fs-data.d part did it! Thank you very much.

Two questions for you:
1. Do you know any apps to montor/log connections and block based on IP AND DNS that is not VPN based?

2. I noticed some browsers (like fulguris) seem to lose their ability to download when AFWall is on, even with that browser whitelisted. Seems only the ones that rely solely android system download manager (1dm browser, has it's own, and has no problem downloading when whiltelisted). But even whitelisting UID 10044 (download manager etc) doesn't help. Any thoughts on how to solve this?

Thanks again!
parkaymang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 08:38 PM   #107
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
AFWall+ has the logging capability. Enable logs, then go try your downloads. It will tell which IPs/hosts are trying to connect. Then you decide whether to trust them and enable them.

UID 1000 is tricky, it encapsulates EVERYTHING android-system-related, including those apps that Onyx probably modified.

Download manager has a different UID.
I was using Yandex Browser with download manager on.

I mean, without Download Manager even KOReader cannot update itself.
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2023, 05:19 PM   #108
nomoi
nomoi began at the beginning.

Device: pb627
Quote:
Originally Posted by denisuu View Post
Since I rooted the device I have AFwall+ running and blocked almost all traffic. I might enable some of the Onyx apps again and just have them blocked to bring back some functionality.
I tried to autostart it, but each time the device is powered on (i.e. not from sleep mode) it seems AFwall has to be started again. Does autostart work in your setup and if so how did you accomplish it?
nomoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2023, 05:25 PM   #109
nomoi
nomoi began at the beginning.

Device: pb627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
I've posted this a zillion times already. It's a magnetic reed switch I put in so that I can always get to EDL without opening the case.
Wow, that's a pretty neat idea!
nomoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2023, 07:09 PM   #110
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoi View Post
Wow, that's a pretty neat idea!
The Poke5 (unlike the Poke3) does respond to an EDL cable.
It's pretty much hit or miss whether a device has the USB D+ checking built in to xbl.
Still, EDL cables will not work if you trashed xbl, although test points will.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adb, debloat, degoogle, privacy, root