Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats

Notices

Old 05-18-2021, 07:25 AM   #1
prom king
Sloshed
prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Sony PRS-500
azw to images - how?

I have some azw file that is only scanned images of text that I would just like to convert into .bmp files, so how do I do that? I can convert the file into PDF with Calibre but images-text loses on quality. I can also convert it to .epub but it is still just images.

Text is already very low resolution so I would like to convert it into separate images and run them through Abby fine reader.
prom king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 09:13 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Most likely these images are JPEG. Can Abby Fine Reader OCR JPEG images? If so, there would be no need to convert the images to a different format.

If this eBook doe snot have DRM, you can use Calibre with the MobiUnpack plugin to extract the eBook's contents. If it does have DRM, you will need to install the DeDRM plugin.

You can get the DeDRM plugin from https://apprenticealf.wordpress.com

If you needhelp on how to use the DeDRM plugin, you can do so at the blog where you got the plugin.

Last edited by JSWolf; 05-18-2021 at 09:15 AM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 10:53 AM   #3
salamanderjuice
Guru
salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by prom king View Post
I have some azw file that is only scanned images of text that I would just like to convert into .bmp files, so how do I do that? I can convert the file into PDF with Calibre but images-text loses on quality. I can also convert it to .epub but it is still just images.

Text is already very low resolution so I would like to convert it into separate images and run them through Abby fine reader.
Unzip the Epub version. It's just a zip file with a different extension. There will be a folder with all the images labeled by page number.
salamanderjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 12:51 PM   #4
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by prom king View Post

There is no need to convert. You can use KindleUnpack to extract all the images into a folder.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=61986
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 03:03 AM   #5
prom king
Sloshed
prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
There is no need to convert. You can use KindleUnpack to extract all the images into a folder.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=61986
OK, thanks. I made it with that Calibre addon.
prom king is offline   Reply With Quote