Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Writer2ePub

Notices

Old 08-04-2013, 02:02 PM   #1
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
Is Writer2Epub as good as it seems?

I just downloaded Writer@Epub and I'm using it in LO 4.0.4.2 and if I'm not dreaming, this is the best thing I've seen. I've used it for .odt files AND .doc files and except for some tiny twitchy stuff (in a long paragraph that is italicized it has several interior em tags, and, it seems to arbitrarily split a 75k novel into three separate files) this is the cleanest versions of my stuff yet. Am I missing something? Are there downsides I'm not aware of? Because so far Writer2Epub is like a dream come true. (I won't have hardly anything to do in a text editor anymore.) What I need to know is exactly what W2E is changing (the info page says: 'W2E fixes several formatting errors and generates by default a logical layout, in line with the traditional editorial standards.'

So those "fixes." Are they going to be like Tidy Clean in Sigil, where I can lose text and the changes are going to freak me out. Or is it more like the gentle Pretty Print Tidy?

I mean, what are the downsides to using W2E?
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 02:08 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
It seems you have already read the sticky https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...80&postcount=3

For plain, everyday novel work probably nothing.

Get fancy/tricky and who knows till you hit it.

But if it is just a small section. Fix it up by hand with a EPUB edit tool.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2013, 02:29 PM   #3
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator
eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.

Device: Cybook Bebook iLiad Kindle HanlinV2 Readius SonyPRS500 SonyPRS700 etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Bell View Post
Is Writer2Epub as good as it seems?
No, it is better!

Quote:
in a long paragraph that is italicized it has several interior em tags
yes, I know… In a future version the conversion core wil be rewritten, and this (and other) problem and limits will be solved.

Quote:
it seems to arbitrarily split a 75k novel into three separate files
Maybe your novel has three separate chapter? Or you inserted one or more page breaks? Every page break causes a file split. Don't worry, as many as files you have, faster is book loading in the eReaders…

Quote:
W2E fixes several formatting errors…
It simply ignores most of the original document formatting, and applies a predefined CSS.

Quote:
if I'm not dreaming, this is the best thing I've seen

If you really like it, you can click here

Thanks for your feedback

Luke
eBookLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:01 PM   #4
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

thanks Ducks

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
It seems you have already read the sticky https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...80&postcount=3

For plain, everyday novel work probably nothing.

Get fancy/tricky and who knows till you hit it.

But if it is just a small section. Fix it up by hand with a EPUB edit tool.
Thanks for the link and the tips. (If I start using it, you'll probably see a lot more of me around here!) Appreciate it.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:07 PM   #5
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

It's really cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBookLuke View Post
No, it is better!

yes, I know… In a future version the conversion core wil be rewritten, and this (and other) problem and limits will be solved.

Maybe your novel has three separate chapter? Or you inserted one or more page breaks? Every page break causes a file split. Don't worry, as many as files you have, faster is book loading in the eReaders…

It simply ignores most of the original document formatting, and applies a predefined CSS.

If you really like it, you can click here

Thanks for your feedback

Luke
Luke, You know, I knew about Writer2Epub a long time ago, but maybe because I was a MS user I never got around to exploring it. But now that I have, I'm absolutely thrilled by what it can do. I've got a bit more exploring to do with it before I can comment more intelligibly about it, but I am very much looking forward to doing that exploring, and I thank you heartily for creating and sharing such an awesome tool.
Advert
Old 08-06-2013, 01:04 AM   #6
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator
eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.

Device: Cybook Bebook iLiad Kindle HanlinV2 Readius SonyPRS500 SonyPRS700 etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Bell View Post
…I was a MS user…
I start developing W2E for MSWord, unfortunately was so buggy, so limited and so incompatible that I quit it.
Only OpenOffice/LibreOffice it well programmable, moreover has some feature (like the Navigator) that make it really better than MSWord.

Luke
eBookLuke is offline   Reply With Quote