Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-14-2021, 11:20 PM   #1
Kaysclie
Addict
Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Forma, Aura One,Ipad Pro 10.5, Oasis 3
Red face Need to update plugins

I am very much behind the times with my DRM Removal Plugins. I have downloaded the newer ones but that's all so far. Currently I am using Calibre 4.0. Should I update my Calibre to the newest version before unzipping and activating the DRM plugins? I am so tired of not being able to convert my kindle books to epub so that I can again read on my forma.
Kaysclie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 07:12 AM   #2
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
I am still using Calibre 4.X and am able to strip DRM and convert to epub from my Amazon purchases. I just striped the DRM from 23 books yesterday. I had been remiss in downloading them.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 09:57 AM   #3
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
I use the latest Calibre with the plugin 7.0. Works for me.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 10:01 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
I use the latest Calibre with the plugin 7.0. Works for me.
I'm using the latest 5.x with the latest 7.0.3 plugin code. It's slightly newer then the 7.0.3 plugin ZIP at the Alf blog.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 04:24 PM   #5
Kaysclie
Addict
Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

question

I thought that I just updated my calibre plugins to 6.8.1 and am still on calibre 4.0. But still cannot convert kindle books to epub. Is there any way that I can tell if the updated plugins took? I did restart my computer.
Old 02-15-2021, 05:18 PM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaysclie View Post
I thought that I just updated my calibre plugins to 6.8.1 and am still on calibre 4.0. But still cannot convert kindle books to epub. Is there any way that I can tell if the updated plugins took? I did restart my computer.
Did you delete the books from calibre and re-import them? Are you trying to import KFX books from a version of Kindle4PC or Kindle4Mac newer than 1.26? Have you tried asking on Apprentice Harper's blog?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 08:54 PM   #7
Kaysclie
Addict

It looks like my brain got muddled from all the dithering that I was doing trying to get the calibre plugins to download correctly. My errors...I had only done this once before and that was years ago...so I forgot a few things. And then I completely forgot how to import the ebooks the right way into calibre. All seems to be working right now and I can convert my ebooks again...if I remember to take my time and do it the right way!