Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-05-2020, 11:32 AM   #1
James Bryant
Ebook fanatic since 1962
James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Cybook3/REB1100/Kolin/iRex iLiad/JetBook & JB Mini/Onyx C67, T68, Poke
Poke 2 USB Library Loading Problem

I cannot put my library (5.3 GB:- ~8,500 files [all books] in ~900 folders [nested up to 5 deep]) into my new Poke 2 via USB from Windows 7. I could do this perfectly well with my Poke Pro, but the Poke2 stops loading after a few hundred MB. I have turned off all auto shutdowns but that does not help.

I've uploaded firmware 2020-07-14 but still have the problem. Does anyone know what is happening, please?

I believe that there is new firmware due this month - does anyone know if it cures this?

It isn't the depth of folders that causes the problem - it seems to be that it can't cope with more than a few hundred MB before it has to think for a minute or two. If I put in a single folder much bigger than 600MB it may crash.

Last edited by James Bryant; 11-05-2020 at 12:33 PM.
James Bryant is offline   Reply With Quote