Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-05-2010, 11:12 PM   #1
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer
arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire, iPad, iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350
Free Ebook (PDF) - Brian James Freeman's The Painted Darkness

Download at http://www.downloadthedarkness.com/

Message from the publisher:

Quote:
Cemetery Dance Publications will publish The Painted Darkness by Brian James Freeman in hardcover this fall, but for a limited time only we're giving the book away for free as an eBook and as a streaming audiobook to anyone who wants to check it out early!
About the Book:

Quote:
When Henry was a child, something terrible happened in the woods behind his home, something so shocking he could only express his terror by drawing pictures of what he had witnessed. Eventually, Henry's mind blocked out the bad memories, but he continued to draw, often at night by the light of the moon.

Twenty years later, Henry makes his living by painting his disturbing works of art. He loves his wife and his son, and life couldn't be better... except there's something not quite right about the old stone farmhouse his family now calls home. There's something strange living in the cramped cellar, in the maze of pipes that feed the ancient steam boiler.

A winter storm is brewing, and soon Henry will learn the true nature of the monster waiting for him down in the darkness. He will battle this demon and, in the process, he may discover what really happened when he was a child — and why, in times of trouble, he thinks: I paint against the darkness.

But will Henry learn the truth in time to avoid the terrible fate awaiting him... or will the thing in the cellar get him and his family first?
arcadata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 06:35 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Hmmmm....poster was spot on.

This PDF can be read on 6-inch ebookiuses, too.

Will wonders never cease? Is it possible some publishers are waking up? Stay tuned.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2010, 10:48 AM   #3
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer
arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah, surprisingly, the pdf looks very readable on 6-inch screens. It's even comfortably readable on the iPod Touch screen. The font is pretty big.

* The streaming audiobook onsite can actually be downloaded as an MP3, but it's not very pleasant to listen to.

Last edited by arcadata; 07-06-2010 at 10:51 AM.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:29 AM   #4
PG4003
Addict
PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW I & II, Kindle Voyage, Fire HD 7", Fire HD 8.9"
Thanks for posting this. Always love free books!
PG4003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 08:47 AM   #5
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer

It's also Wowio's Book of the Month this October, but it's still free from the book's website.
Advert
Old 10-01-2010, 11:13 AM   #6
tiniree
Zealot
tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Nook 1st Gen
Wow, Thanks for the link! This looks good. Much better than the "Conan type" book that's offered free today over at B&N
tiniree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 11:46 AM   #7
tiniree
Zealot
tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Nook 1st Gen
Full title doesn't appear

Help please? I went to download the book and when I looked at my Nook on the My Docs list it says "ness" and underneath for author it just says, "man".

I deleted the file and tried again and the same thing appeared.

What am I doing wrong please? I am new to this and have ADE and Adobe Reader on my computer. The AR screen comes up but I didn't see any tab for downloading like I do for ADE.

marie
tiniree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 12:34 PM   #8
Tinks
Zealot
Tinks doesn't litterTinks doesn't litter

Device: Voyage
I don't have an eReader yet, but would like to go ahead and save it. I tried to put it on ADE, but couldn't get it to work. Can someone tell me how to put it on ADE?
Tinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 11:13 AM   #9
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus TF, PB 360, Jetbook Lite
When I tried to put it in ADE, I got a message that ADE doesn't support password-protected files. But regular Adobe reader opened it with no problems.
MmavisO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 03:41 PM   #10
PodPeople
Connoisseur
PodPeople doesn't litterPodPeople doesn't litter

Device: Nook Simple Touch, iPad 3, Kindle 4B
The book won't load on my Aluratek Libre either.
PodPeople is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
free e-book, free e-book download