Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 12-28-2009, 03:36 PM   #1
kevbooks
kevbooks is on a distinguished road

Device: Jetbook jb-5
$1.00 Jetbook Cover

New guy here. Just received a Jetbook jb-5 for Christmas. It didn't come with a jacket so I went to the local Dollar Tree Dollar store and bought a surprisingly nice 5x7 photo album. Perfect fit, albeit a little thicker than a commercial cover, and I secured the Jetbook with 4 small Velcro tabs. Very serviceable and respectable looking and about thirty bucks cheaper than the alternative. This idea may have been discussed before, but I'm so pleased with the results I thought I'd post a couple of pics. Cheers, Kev.

kevbooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 03:49 PM   #2
kevbooks

Sorry for the double post.
Advert
Old 12-28-2009, 06:07 PM   #3
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Nice work, kev!
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 01:24 AM   #4
Dennisvjames
Enthusiast
Dennisvjames began at the beginning.

Device: Jetbook
nice!
Dennisvjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 02:04 PM   #5
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, iPhone, JETBOOK COLOR!!
awesome find
LuBiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2009, 04:48 PM   #6
causticmuse
Binge Reader
causticmuse doesn't littercausticmuse doesn't litter

Device: Treo 650, JetBook Lite, Asus eeePC 900a (Linux), Palm Pre
Great tip! I'll have to stop by the nearest Dollar Tree and see if I can find one of these albums, too. The added width in the spine might just be enough to account for the bulge of the AA battery compartment in the JB Lite.
causticmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 05:45 PM   #7
kevbooks

Thanks for the friendly feedback! I'm frugal to the point of eccentricity, so I hope this is a usable solution for someone else.

The dollar store had these in several colors. I used a lavender one for my wife's reader. There is about a 1/4" extra space in the width with our JB-5s. Should be just about perfect for the Lite model. The photo sleeve pages remove very easily and, so far, the jacket appears to be quite durable.

Last edited by kevbooks; 12-29-2009 at 05:47 PM.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:48 PM   #8
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
Just got a call from my wife, showed her this thread this morning before she headed to work. She hit the dollar store at lunch and snagged 3 and some velcro. I'm thinking she's planning a custom cover party tonight!

Great idea, will post results when they are assembled.
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 05:51 PM   #9
kevbooks

Made my day! Looking forward to seeing your handiwork.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:08 PM   #10
Jack Tingle
Punctuation Fetishist
Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Nexus 7 (2013), Galaxy S5 phone, Galaxy Tab 4 8.0
Nice work kev. That's not eccentric, just sensible. Trust me, businesses would love you NOT to look for alternatives. They'd take the same cover, the same velcro, package it, and sell it to you for $30.

Regards,
Jack Tingle
Jack Tingle is offline   Reply With Quote