Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-07-2017, 02:34 PM   #211
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Because they can run in places where there is no db, such as the command line tools on a system with no library.
- thanks - it's always good to know why things are so

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 12:32 AM   #212
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
@all who care...

I like the idea of a set library. I often have too many different versions of the same column throughout old and new libraries...(they multiply worse than rabbits), having one column dedicated throughout the system would be great. Especially when I do a copy to from one library to another and the data is on different columns.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2017, 02:16 PM   #213
AnselmD
Zealot
AnselmD began at the beginning.

Only for information:

After switching to a new library, and configuring the GetFileName (0.0.12) plugin, I must restart calibre, otherwise it does not work.
AnselmD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 05:06 AM   #214
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Thank you, @AnselmD, I'm aware of it and I'm trying to solve it.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 11:10 AM   #215
wjhill
wjhill began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Docs for GetFileName plugin

Hi folks -- first off, thanks for this plugin, and I wish I'd discovered it before yesterday; I have a large library and it would have been lovely to keep the original filenames for all those books!

After reviewing the plugin and starting to configure it, I realized I might be able to help folks who, like me, had a few questions around details of the process.

As I worked through config, and ensuring the plugin worked, I wrote up a doc in Word and uploaded it to my Google Drive for review:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6...203aHpEZ3dkbnM

(Let me know if you have issues seeing it; it should be set to View for Anyone, and I did test for such on a non-logged in browser.)

This is written against the 0.0.12 version of the plugin, for future reference.

I'm more than open to edits in the next little while, as well as putting it somewhere else more appropriate. I'm also open to putting a FOSS license on it so people can take over updating it, if so moved -- since I can't own/update this doc long-term.

In the meantime, I'm happy to take corrections/edits/improvements to content, although I'd like to avoid major changes to formatting until I have a more permanent home.

Last edited by wjhill; 03-11-2017 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Info on accessing link
wjhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2017, 08:24 AM   #216
AnselmD
Zealot
AnselmD began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Optimizing one-shot additions of very large numbers of books has never really been something I have looked at. AS adding themis typically a one-time operation and should be done in smaller batches anyway, that way if something goes wrong/crashes you dont have to redo them all.
I prefer to do it in one batch without making any interaction. if something goes wrong, I am prepared to do it again. I am now able to do it with calibre command line tool, see:

Code:
calibredb add --help
With closed GUI, setting environment variable cal_lib to the new and empty library, using Ubuntu (with ext4) I am importing the epub books:

Code:
calibredb add -r -d --dont-notify-gui --library-path=$cal_lib .

Using the command line tool is important to finish in a reasonable time!
Additional I used some performance improvements during the import:

Setting the database metadata.db to RAM Disk. Setting the Journalling Mode of Sqlite for the time of the import to Write-Ahead Logging (with ext4).

Importing 106000 epub books (with and without images) of:

Mirroring How-To - Gutenberg
http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Gutenb...rroring_How-To

in less than 16 hours. This includes generating al opf backup files. So there is no need to call calibredb backup_metadata after the import.

Last edited by AnselmD; 04-05-2017 at 07:15 AM.
AnselmD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 03:55 PM   #217
Giuseppe Chillem
Groupie
Giuseppe Chillem doesn't litterGiuseppe Chillem doesn't litter

Device: IREX DR1000
Have been any new developments on this plugin ?
Giuseppe Chillem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 04:00 PM   #218
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Aside of some small changes for switching libraries, that I'll try to publish on weekend, no.
Old 08-07-2017, 03:27 AM   #219
Giuseppe Chillem
Groupie

I cannot configure the plugin, GUI is very small and buggy, calibre 3.6 here.
Old 09-17-2017, 08:01 AM   #220
Giuseppe Chillem
Groupie

Hi Terisa, any new development and/or Bugfix ? We really need you plugin !
Old 10-13-2017, 04:42 PM   #221
Immelmann67
Immelmann67 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
HHi, I'm a bit late to the party, and was just wondering if this plugin was still being developed? I've been experiencing problems with even configuring it.
Immelmann67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 04:52 PM   #222
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuseppe Chillem View Post
Hi Terisa, any new development and/or Bugfix ? We really need you plugin !
Sorry, out of this a bit. I'm going to upload the last version with my best effort for getting the directory (there are still some glitches that I'm not able to remove without a lot of rewriting).
Old 10-13-2017, 04:53 PM   #223
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immelmann67 View Post
HHi, I'm a bit late to the party, and was just wondering if this plugin was still being developed? I've been experiencing problems with even configuring it.
Which are the problems? About development, it's finished aside some changes for trying to solve some sporadic mistakes getting directory.
Old 10-13-2017, 06:25 PM   #224
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Terisa de Morgan - I'm not sure of the status of the issue relating to where configuration data should be stored (per library or in a configuration file)- as per the exchange you had with Kovid starting about post #196.

My understanding is that it's currently per library, I use different custom columns for different libraries - including none.

I wondered if something could be added to the configuration settings dialogue that would force a restart (as happens for some Look and Feel settings) and whether that would resolve the issue.

That doesn't seem to onerous to me. For me at least, the GFN settings are much more 'set-and-forget' than some of the L&F settings (e.g User Interface Layout - Narrow or Wide).

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 10-13-2017 at 06:46 PM. Reason: clarification
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 06:46 PM   #225
Immelmann67
Immelmann67 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Which are the problems? About development, it's finished aside some changes for trying to solve some sporadic mistakes getting directory.
As soon as I try to run the configure option, I get the following error:

calibre, version 3.9.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>MemoryError</b>:

calibre 3.9 Portable embedded-python: True is64bit: False
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
32bit process running on 64bit windows
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.12+
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', u'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: en_GB
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Generate Cover (1, 5, 21) && User Category (1, 5, 3) && Similar Stories (1, 0, 58) && Quick Preferences (1, 4, 1) && Manage Series (1, 2, 8) && Goodreads (1, 1, 12) && Kindle Collections (1, 7, 17) && Save To Format (0, 0, 6) && Audit Log (1, 0, 8) && Resize Cover (1, 0, 2) && KindleUnpack - The Plugin (0, 81, 5) && GetFileName (0, 0, 12) && Favourites Menu (1, 0, 4) && Job Spy (1, 0, 79) && Fantastic Fiction Adults (1, 0, 4) && Embed Comic Metadata (1, 3, 8) && Open With (1, 5, 10) && View Manager (1, 4, 3) && BOL_DE (0, 7, 5) && Find Duplicates (1, 6, 3) && Reading List (1, 6, 6) && Barnes & Noble (1, 2, 14) && Count Pages (1, 8, 0) && Quality Check (1, 9, 11) && BOL_NL (3, 8, 16) && Modify ePub (1, 3, 13) && Clean Metadata (0, 0, 6) && Extract ISBN (1, 4, 4) && Fantastic Fiction (1, 2, 0) && FictionDB (1, 0, 10)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\plugin_updater.py", line 804, in _configure_clicked
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\__init__.py", line 155, in do_user_config
File "calibre_plugins.getfilename.__init__", line 301, in config_widget
File "calibre_plugins.getfilename.config", line 144, in __init__
File "site-packages\calibre\library\__init__.py", line 11, in db
File "site-packages\calibre\db\legacy.py", line 83, in __init__
File "site-packages\calibre\db\cache.py", line 354, in init
File "site-packages\calibre\db\backend.py", line 1260, in read_tables
File "site-packages\calibre\db\tables.py", line 205, in read
File "site-packages\calibre\db\tables.py", line 380, in read_maps
MemoryError

But it's only happened since I tried installing this plugin.
Immelmann67 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibredb, calibredb metadata import, plugin