Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-05-2016, 05:57 PM   #376
Nausicaa
Connoisseur
Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
not working

Last edited by Nausicaa; 02-05-2016 at 06:19 PM.
Nausicaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 06:02 PM   #377
notimp
Addict
notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2i
Jailbreak worked here as well. On a device (serial number prefix) it already was confirmed working on.

I used

Code:
sudo python -m SimpleHTTPServer 80
on OSX btw - no problems.

If you are by any chance using tomato on your router, just use

Code:
address=/a/192.168.x.x
as a Dnsmasq Custom configuration under Advanced / DHCP/DNS

replace 192.168.x.x with the IP address of the computer running the port 80 server.

Also dont forget to manually type ;fc-cache in the searchbar, when the task bar tells you to. Stumped me the first time...

Last edited by notimp; 02-05-2016 at 06:23 PM.
notimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2016, 06:19 PM   #378
kuronekokat
kuronekokat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
It works!

First of all, thanks to @Branch Delay for this extremely well done jb, i can confirm that it works on a 2013 PW2 2gb 90D4 series, tried it on windows, but kinda of a headache to make it work through netsh hostednetwork, switched to ubuntu and worked like a charm.
kuronekokat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 06:23 PM   #379
CalbertAmu
Connoisseur
CalbertAmu began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nausicaa View Post
not working
On stage 2 it says:

The selected application could not be started
CalbertAmu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 06:24 PM   #380
Gabbb
Enthusiast
Gabbb began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 3
Any reason why https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=195474 SS hack doesn't work with this jailbreak? (update your kindle is greyed out for both the python and the hack itself copied over to root dir)

Kual does work.
Gabbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2016, 06:27 PM   #381
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabbb View Post
Any reason why https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=195474 SS hack doesn't work with this jailbreak? (update your kindle is greyed out for both the python and the hack itself copied over to root dir)

Kual does work.
Same reason as for the 5.6.x firmware -
You **MUST** use MrPI to install packages, no choice, you **MUST**.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 06:28 PM   #382
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalbertAmu View Post
On stage 2 it says:

The selected application could not be started
Did you put the file named: jb in the root of your Kindle's USB storage (right next to documents folder where you put your books)?
Old 02-05-2016, 06:32 PM   #383
Gabbb
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Same reason as for the 5.6.x firmware -
You **MUST** use MrPI to install packages, no choice, you **MUST**.
Thank you! Will I lose my current hacks if I update to the newer firmware now?

Last edited by Gabbb; 02-05-2016 at 06:36 PM.
Old 02-05-2016, 06:33 PM   #384
CalbertAmu
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Did you put the file named: jb in the root of your Kindle's USB storage (right next to documents folder where you put your books)?
Yes I did, but I think the problem is that I didn't do anything with web servers since I didn't know what that meant. The terminal commands in this thread didn't seem to work.

So far I have only moved the jb file in my kindle volume. Then tried to enter the IP address you provided.

To make "a" redirect to your IP address, what should I do? (If that is the missing step) I can't seem to figure out the web server part/redirecting

I am entering my router's setting on my browser to see if I can make some change there

Last edited by CalbertAmu; 02-05-2016 at 06:39 PM.
Old 02-05-2016, 06:39 PM   #385
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalbertAmu View Post
Yes I did, but I think the problem is that I didn't do anything with web servers since I didn't know what that meant. The terminal commands in this thread didn't seem to work.

So far I have only moved the jb file in my kindle volume. Then tried to enter the IP address you provided.

To make "a" redirect to your IP address, what should I do? (If that is the missing step) I can't seem to figure out the web server part/redirecting
That is the missing step.

Tell me what path (and devices) your Kindle passes through in your local set-up to reach the Internet.

Note: You can't use a public Wifi access point, it must be one under your control.
Old 02-05-2016, 06:43 PM   #386
notimp
Addict
notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quick question - I just got a notification on the Kindle itself stating that "this is not a developer device anymore - please contact the developer for further information", also Kual wouldnt lauch after that (in that session).

After a reboot Kual launches again. Was this a known behavior? Should I be worried? (I'm not especially... )
Old 02-05-2016, 06:45 PM   #387
CalbertAmu
Connoisseur

Kindle connects to the my router, which is connected to the modem. It is my own private wifi. I am currently viewing my router's web-based setup page, but haven't found a redirecting option so far.
Old 02-05-2016, 06:46 PM   #388
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by notimp View Post
Quick question - I just got a notification on the Kindle itself stating that "this is not a developer device anymore - please contact the developer for further information", also Kual wouldnt lauch after that (in that session).

After a reboot Kual launches again. Was this a known behavior? Should I be worried? (I'm not especially... )
Known behavior.
Installing the MKK keys (required by KUAL, done by the Jailbreak) requires a reboot.
Old 02-05-2016, 06:47 PM   #389
notimp
Addict

@knc1: Thank you.
Old 02-05-2016, 06:54 PM   #390
Gabbb
Enthusiast

So after I have a working SS hack & Kual can I just install the 5.7 firmware without losing anything?

Tags
jailbreak, jailbreaking