Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 03-25-2014, 06:47 PM   #1
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
Still can't get Sigil

I got the 0.7.2 file downloaded (see screenshot at the bottom) but when I double left click on it, the Ubuntu Software Center opens and the Sigil screen comes on but when I click on install, it starts the bar indicator going to the right but then after about ten seconds it stops.

Anybody have a foolproof way of getting 0.7.2 in Xubuntu 13.10?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_054.png
Views:	138
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	120800  
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:55 PM   #2
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

meant this to be a new thread

Last edited by Gregg Bell; 03-25-2014 at 06:58 PM.
Advert
Old 03-25-2014, 06:56 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I never used the software center for Sigil.

I used the CLI install.
IIRC I had to set the downloaded file as X(ecutable) to complete the install. Originally, I used the instructions on the Sigil Linux page
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 07:03 PM   #4
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

I keep trying to start a new thread but it keeps ending up here. Sorry.

Last edited by Gregg Bell; 03-25-2014 at 07:06 PM. Reason: meant this to be a new thread
Old 03-25-2014, 08:07 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Bell View Post
I keep trying to start a new thread but it keeps ending up here. Sorry.
Are you using the New thread button? (only visible when the topic list shows)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2014, 11:25 PM   #6
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

ducks

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I never used the software center for Sigil.

I used the CLI install.
IIRC I had to set the downloaded file as X(ecutable) to complete the install. Originally, I used the instructions on the Sigil Linux page
I used the CLI too (with the command from DiapDealer's debian Sigil page) but it said error, file not found. So I downloaded the 0.7.2 sigil file from the Sigil download page. Normally all you have to do then is double left click the file and the Ubuntu Software Center opens with the Sigil program and you click on "install." Not this time. And I don't know how to do your X(ecutable) action.

The mis-posting? I don't know I went through a brief period of brain paralysis (I'm okay now.).