Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 04-24-2008, 03:06 PM   #1
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
DL 3000 Book Scanner

My apologies if someone's already posted this but over on Gizmodo there's an article about the mother of all book scanners. I wants it. If only it weren't the size of my dining room and $250K.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 03:57 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post

My apologies if someone's already posted this but over on Gizmodo there's an article about the mother of all book scanners. I wants it. If only it weren't the size of my dining room and $250K.
Do you have to break the binding of the book for this to work? I have never seen a book like that lay so flat... unless the binding was broken.
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2008, 04:04 PM   #3
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
The article doesn't say, but I would assume so.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 02:20 AM   #4
axel77
Fanatic
axel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-books

Device: iliad
This doesn't look like to be very gentle to the book. There are better book scanners available like this one:

http://www.treventus.com/buchscanner...bot_fotos.html

It will turn the book with air flow. Also 2500 pages per hour I have no idea what it costs, but I guess one can hire a chinese factory a long time until you get the price of any book scanner. Thats why also google books currently hand scans their stuff in cheap labor country instead of buying expensive scanners...

Last edited by axel77; 04-25-2008 at 02:23 AM.
axel77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 08:00 PM   #5
scanner
scanner began at the beginning.

Device: sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by axel77 View Post
Thats why also google books currently hand scans their stuff in cheap labor country instead of buying expensive scanners...
where did you read this? do you have reference for this?
scanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert