Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-06-2017, 04:52 PM   #706
Munkey
Munkey began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyan Koning View Post
Hey guys, got a Kobo Aura edition 2, trying to get night mode working.

I succesfully installed kobolauncher. When starting the launcher menu it shows Night Mode as an option. When I press it nothing happens. I edited nightmode.ini, setting yes and no at invertActive and retainStateOverRestart, but no combination seems to work. What am I missing here?

Firmware is 4.5.9587, but that should pose no problem.

# config file for kobo-nightmode

current nightmode.ini:

[state]
invertActive = no # yes / no
retainStateOverRestart = yes # yes / no

[control]
longPressDurationMS = 800 # time in milliseconds to toggle (1000 = 1 second)

[nightmode]
refreshScreenPages = 0 #force refresh every X pages
Same problem here on Kobo Aura 2nd edition and Firmware is 4.5.9587
Nightmode application is visible from KoboLauncher but doesn't do anything.
Munkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 05:18 PM   #707
akorx
Addict
akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Location: France, languages : french and a little bit english.
Device: Kobo Glo, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjd View Post
I tested it on Kobo Glo (Non HD) with FW 4.5.9587 and it works.
I've got a kobo GLO (not HD) too and now with FW 4.5.9587 too and after nightmode_build13 installed, a long press button doesn't work (all was ok with fw 4.2.x and the 4.1, 3.x, etc)...

1. After boot, on home screen : night mode seems to be ok on all the page is in night mode except the right bar at the top of the screen (under "search", "wifi icon", etc).
2. when I open a book the page are coming back to black on white (= no night mode).
3. If I come back to home screen : at this time, the entire page is in night mode (the bar at the top is ok) but the book that I will open will be without nightmode.
4. if I adjust the brightness, the bar 1% to 100% is black and the rest of the page is white.

My \.kobo\nightmode.ini is like this :

[state]
invertActive = no # yes / no
retainStateOverRestart = yes # yes / no

[control]
longPressDurationMS = 800 # time in milliseconds to toggle (1000 = 1 second)

[nightmode]
refreshScreenPages = 0 #force refresh every X pages

davidfor, an idea ??? we need your help, a long press on the light button was the biggest plugin !!!

PS for all users : the only way to use night mode correctly on a GLO (and perhaps on the others devices) is to set the brightness during 4s to 100%...

Last edited by akorx; 08-06-2017 at 06:20 PM.
akorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2017, 10:24 PM   #708
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by akorx View Post
I've got a kobo GLO (not HD) too and now with FW 4.5.9587 too and after nightmode_build13 installed, a long press button doesn't work (all was ok with fw 4.2.x and the 4.1, 3.x, etc)...
You have installed the wrong version of the nightmode hack. The first post has not been updated for a long time. As of 4.2.8283, you need a version a different version. It's discussed heavily in this thread, but the easiest link is in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...05&postcount=3.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 05:05 PM   #709
akorx
Addict
akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
You have installed the wrong version of the nightmode hack. The first post has not been updated for a long time. As of 4.2.8283, you need a version a different version. It's discussed heavily in this thread, but the easiest link is in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...05&postcount=3.
Oh yes I hadn't seen it ! I've tried and now all is ok, I'm glad to get back my glo with night mode and with the last FW (4.5.9587) !!!

davidfor, if you come in France, I will really be happy to offer you a for all the help you give us (or if I go to sydney...) !!!!

Last edited by akorx; 08-08-2017 at 04:17 PM.
Old 08-09-2017, 10:03 AM   #710
Munkey
Munkey began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd Edition
So does anyone know how to use nightmode on Kobo Aura 2nd edition running latest firmware?
Munkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2017, 11:05 AM   #711
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I think we need staff to fix the first post.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 07:58 AM   #712
Samanthaaaa
Samanthaaaa began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Hey!

I am trying to install this on my Kobo Glo (latest firmware, 4.5.9587), and honestly I have no idea what I am doing wrong.

I have downloaded as per instructions higher in the thread the file from (https://github.com/gtalusan/kobo-nig...r/KoboRoot.tgz) and installed on to my device.

What do I do now?

A very simple step by step guide would be very helpful. Ideally I would like to set it so that when I slide the brightness to 100% night mode automatically turns on.

Thank you.
Samanthaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 04:22 AM   #713
jcn363
absolute beginner
jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ka1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samanthaaaa View Post
Hey!

I am trying to install this on my Kobo Glo (latest firmware, 4.5.9587), and honestly I have no idea what I am doing wrong.

I have downloaded as per instructions higher in the thread the file from (https://github.com/gtalusan/kobo-nig...r/KoboRoot.tgz) and installed on to my device.

What do I do now?

A very simple step by step guide would be very helpful. Ideally I would like to set it so that when I slide the brightness to 100% night mode automatically turns on.

Thank you.
Read

Good luck!
jcn363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 04:01 PM   #714
rubenbb
rubenbb began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo aura one
Has anyone tried it on a kobo aura one?
rubenbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 06:59 AM   #715
bayang
bayang began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Hey,

I tried to install nightMode on my glo, but all I get is unreadable, inverted colors, pages with very blurry text.

I have a glo with latest firmware, I installed the .tgz from https://github.com/gtalusan/kobo-nightmode.

I powered off my glo, copied the install .tgz in .kobo, safely ejected the kobo and waited for reboot.

I can toggle the night mode with the light button, but it's just unreadable. I tried to adjust the refreshScreenPages in the .ini file, but no luck.

I used to get it working with older firmwares and the build13 version of the night mode but I can't get it to work anymore.

I guess I am missing something obvious but I can't figure what.

The .ini present in the device after install is this one :
Code:

[state]
invertActive = no		# yes / no
retainStateOverRestart = no	# yes / no

[control]
longPressDurationMS = 800       # time in milliseconds to toggle (1000 = 1 second)
debug=no			# yes/no to enable/disable debug logging

[nightmode]
refreshScreenPages = 3		#force refresh every X pages
#forceSWInvert = true		#force SW invert mode (default: false)

[brightness]
1percentPatch = yes		# yes / no : Nickel set brightness to 2% even when on UI it is set to 1%
				#            this patch will force brightenss to 1% when:
				#		- it was set to 1%, then it was set to 0% (for instance: stand-by) then changed again to "what Nickel says is 2%"
				#		- it was set to 3%, then it was set to 1% then changed again to "what Nickel says is 2%"
timeout = 5			# time in seconds, after brightness is set (and maintained) to a given level, to toggle the action set to that level
# switch device off
7 = echo -ne "\xfe\x0f\xc5\x54\xff\x6a\x0d\x00\x01\x00\x74\x00\x01\x00\x00" > /dev/input/event0 
# put device in standby
8 = echo -ne "\xf0\x0f\xc5\x54\x3c\xe0\x0d\x00\x01\x00\x74\x00\x01\x00\x00\x00\xf1\x0f\xc5\x54\x8e\xe3\x02\x00\x01\x00\x74\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00" > /dev/input/event0
 # when brightness is set to 11% : special action, toggle night toggleNightMode
11 = toggleNightMode
12 = enableNightMode
13 = disableNightMode
#20 = dmesg > /mnt/onboard/.kobo/dmesg_$(date +%s).log &
#30 = mv -f /mnt/onboard/.kobo/screenInv.so /root/screenInv.so >/dev/null 2>&1
#50 = hwclock -w -u
#98 = touch /mnt/onboard/.kobo/switchoff/test0.log &
#99 = /mnt/onboard/.kobo/switchoff/test.sh &
#some examples of invoking any script when brightness is set to X% for at least TIMEOUT seconds
#4 = touch /mnt/onboard/hello.world
#5 = touch /mnt/onboard/hello.world.async &
bayang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 02:32 PM   #716
akorx
Addict

Hi Bayang,

Don't move, I'm going to eat and I come back to help you in 1 hour.
Old 08-29-2017, 04:55 PM   #717
akorx
Addict

I'm back... first sorry fr my bad english. I've got a GLO too and for me all is ok with the last FW and the last nighmode plugin.

So :

1. uninstall the last night mode and reboot.

2. uninstall nightmode v13 and reboot.

3. delete your kobotweaks.ini if you've got one and mostly before reinstall the last FW (4.5.9587 (c77383d7d1)), read the patching instructions here : https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...54#post3554654 because you have to install a patch after the FW.

Wait the reboot of your device in each step if it's written that is needed.

4. Now : verify if the screen if blurry or not. If all is ok, continue... totally power off your GLO with a long press.

5. reintall the NEW nightmode (the link that you have given to us if the good one), wait the reboot.

6. try my nightmode.ini (yours is the same but perhaps you've got a bad character that is invisible) :

Code:

[state]
invertActive = no		# yes / no
retainStateOverRestart = no	# yes / no

[control]
longPressDurationMS = 800       # time in milliseconds to toggle (1000 = 1 second)
debug=no			# yes/no to enable/disable debug logging

[nightmode]
refreshScreenPages = 99		#force refresh every X pages
#forceSWInvert = true		#force SW invert mode (default: false)

[brightness]
1percentPatch = yes		# yes / no : Nickel set brightness to 2% even when on UI it is set to 1%
				#            this patch will force brightenss to 1% when:
				#		- it was set to 1%, then it was set to 0% (for instance: stand-by) then changed again to "what Nickel says is 2%"
				#		- it was set to 3%, then it was set to 1% then changed again to "what Nickel says is 2%"
timeout = 5			# time in seconds, after brightness is set (and maintained) to a given level, to toggle the action set to that level
# switch device off
7 = echo -ne "\xfe\x0f\xc5\x54\xff\x6a\x0d\x00\x01\x00\x74\x00\x01\x00\x00" > /dev/input/event0 
# put device in standby
8 = echo -ne "\xf0\x0f\xc5\x54\x3c\xe0\x0d\x00\x01\x00\x74\x00\x01\x00\x00\x00\xf1\x0f\xc5\x54\x8e\xe3\x02\x00\x01\x00\x74\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00" > /dev/input/event0
 # when brightness is set to 11% : special action, toggle night toggleNightMode
11 = toggleNightMode
12 = enableNightMode
13 = disableNightMode
#20 = dmesg > /mnt/onboard/.kobo/dmesg_$(date +%s).log &
#30 = mv -f /mnt/onboard/.kobo/screenInv.so /root/screenInv.so >/dev/null 2>&1
#50 = hwclock -w -u
#98 = touch /mnt/onboard/.kobo/switchoff/test0.log &
#99 = /mnt/onboard/.kobo/switchoff/test.sh &
#some examples of invoking any script when brightness is set to X% for at least TIMEOUT seconds
#4 = touch /mnt/onboard/hello.world
#5 = touch /mnt/onboard/hello.world.async &
and reboot your device again.

If you have always the same problem try to compare your "/.kobo/Kobo/Kobo eReader.conf" with mine in order to see if there is a big difference on one or few lines... Yours will be different because you have not the same library and I use a particular font ("Charis SIL ModifiedLarger"), etc... but the purpose is to see if there is an old setting of a plugin that can explain the bug you see. Save yours before.

Code:
[General]
DictionaryRecentSearches=Sparte, fourbure, "grève.", hardiesse, sentine, "flanqués", "musquée,", licou, maestria, burnous
hasSyncedExistingRelatedItems=true
scrambleHighScores=13 30/06/2014 00:34, 11 30/06/2014 00:31

[ApplicationPreferences]
AIRPLANE_MODE=true
BrightnessOpenCount=-1
CurrentDemoRegion=
CurrentLocale=fr_FR
DictionaryOpenCount=-1
EarliestChangeLog=2.1.5
FteLandingShown=true
HomePageShown=true
HomePageViewVisitCount=10
LastChangeLog=2.5.2
LastLibraryReadingStatusFilter_books_filterByBundled%28%29=removeReadingStatusFilter()
LastLibraryReadingStatusFilter_books_filterByMine%28%29=removeReadingStatusFilter()
LastLibraryReadingStatusFilter_shelf_filterByBookshelf%28BELLEMARE%20Pierre%29=removeReadingStatusFilter()
LastLibraryReadingStatusFilter_shelf_filterByBookshelf%28BERRY%20Steve%29=removeReadingStatusFilter()
LastLibraryReadingStatusFilter_shelf_filterByBookshelf%28BROWN%20Dan%29=removeReadingStatusFilter()
LastLibraryReadingStatusFilter_shelf_filterByBookshelf%28BYRNES%20Michael%29=removeReadingStatusFilter()
LastLibraryReadingStatusFilter_shelf_filterByBookshelf%28CHATTAM%20Maxime%29=removeReadingStatusFilter()
LastLibraryReadingStatusFilter_shelf_filterByBookshelf%28CHRISTIE%20Agatha%29=removeReadingStatusFilter()
LastLibraryReadingStatusFilter_shelf_filterByBookshelf%28COBEN%20Harlan%29=removeReadingStatusFilter()
LastLibraryReadingStatusFilter_shelf_filterByBookshelf%28COOPER%20Glenn%29=removeReadingStatusFilter()
LastLibraryReadingStatusFilter_shelf_filterByBookshelf%28CRONIN%20Justin%29=removeReadingStatusFilter()
LastLibraryReadingStatusFilter_shelf_filterByBookshelf%28DIETRICH%20William%29=removeReadingStatusFilter()
LastLibraryReadingStatusFilter_shelf_filterByBookshelf%28DOCUMENTATION%29=removeReadingStatusFilter()
LastLibraryReadingStatusFilter_shelf_filterByBookshelf%28GIACOMETTI%20Eric%20et%20RAVENNE%20Jacques%29=removeReadingStatusFilter()
LastLibraryReadingStatusFilter_shelf_filterByBookshelf%28KING%20Stephen%29=removeReadingStatusFilter()
LastLibraryReadingStatusFilter_shelf_filterByBookshelf%28PETERS%20Ellis%29=removeReadingStatusFilter()
LastLibraryReadingStatusFilter_shelf_filterByBookshelf%28ROLLINS%20James%29=removeReadingStatusFilter()
LastLibraryReadingStatusFilter_shelf_filterByBookshelf%28SUSSMAN%20Paul%29=removeReadingStatusFilter()
LastLibraryReadingStatusFilter_shelf_filterByBookshelf%28VINGE%20Vernor%29=removeReadingStatusFilter()
LastLibrarySorter_Recommendations_=sortByNull()
LastLibrarySorter_articles_filterByArticles%28%29=sortByNewest()
LastLibrarySorter_books_=sortByNewest()
LastLibrarySorter_books_filterByAllItems%28%29=sortByNewest()
LastLibrarySorter_books_filterByArticles%28%29=sortByNewest()
LastLibrarySorter_books_filterByBundled%28%29=sortByNewest()
LastLibrarySorter_books_filterByKepub%28%29=sortByNewest()
LastLibrarySorter_books_filterByMine%28%29=sortByNewest()
LastLibrarySorter_shelfList_=sortByShelfName()
LastLibrarySorter_shelf_filterByBookshelf%28BELLEMARE%20Pierre%29=sortByNewest()
LastLibrarySorter_shelf_filterByBookshelf%28BERRY%20Steve%29=sortByTitle()
LastLibrarySorter_shelf_filterByBookshelf%28BROWN%20Dan%29=sortByTitle()
LastLibrarySorter_shelf_filterByBookshelf%28BYRNES%20Michael%29=sortByNewest()
LastLibrarySorter_shelf_filterByBookshelf%28CHATTAM%20Maxime%29=sortByNewest()
LastLibrarySorter_shelf_filterByBookshelf%28CHRISTIE%20Agatha%29=sortByNewest()
LastLibrarySorter_shelf_filterByBookshelf%28COBEN%20Harlan%29=sortByNewest()
LastLibrarySorter_shelf_filterByBookshelf%28COOPER%20Glenn%29=sortByNewest()
LastLibrarySorter_shelf_filterByBookshelf%28CRONIN%20Justin%29=sortByNewest()
LastLibrarySorter_shelf_filterByBookshelf%28DIETRICH%20William%29=sortByTitle()
LastLibrarySorter_shelf_filterByBookshelf%28DOCUMENTATION%29=sortByNewest()
LastLibrarySorter_shelf_filterByBookshelf%28GIACOMETTI%20Eric%20et%20RAVENNE%20Jacques%29=sortByTitle()
LastLibrarySorter_shelf_filterByBookshelf%28KING%20Stephen%29=sortByTitle()
LastLibrarySorter_shelf_filterByBookshelf%28PETERS%20Ellis%29=sortByNewest()
LastLibrarySorter_shelf_filterByBookshelf%28ROLLINS%20James%29=sortByNewest()
LastLibrarySorter_shelf_filterByBookshelf%28SUSSMAN%20Paul%29=sortByNewest()
LastLibrarySorter_shelf_filterByBookshelf%28VINGE%20Vernor%29=sortByTitle()
LastLibrarySubFilter_books_filterByAllItems%28%29=
LastLibraryTab=Books
LastLibraryViewType_articles=viewBy3x3ArticleGrid()
LastLibraryViewType_books=viewBy5List()
LastLibraryViewType_news=viewBy5List()
LastLibraryViewType_shelf=viewBy5Shelf()
LastSearchType_ReadingView=Dictionary
LastShelfListSorter_shelfList_=sortByShelfName()
LastShelfSorter_books_=sortByNewest()
LastSyncTime=@Variant(\0\0\0\x10\0%{q\x4\x9e?J\x2)
LibraryViewVisitCount=1
LongPressDialogShown=true
MostRecentReadID=file:///mnt/onboard/ROLLINS James/Sigma 01 - Tonnerre de sable - ROLLINS James.epub
PeriodicAutoSync=false
PromotionsAvailable=true
QuickTourShown=true
QuickTourWidgetShown=true
ReadABookShown=true
ReadingSettingsChanged=true
RefresherDialogShown=true
ShowBrightnessToast=false
SwipeDialogShown=true
SyncReminderDialogShown=true
firstRunDate=@Variant(\0\0\0\x10\0%y\xfb\x4~\x85\xe6\x2)
lastPlugTime=@Variant(\0\0\0\x10\0%\x81\x8a\x4ye\xa0\x2)
pocketFteTileShown=true
showFirstTimeExperience=0
sleepOnNextBoot=false

[FeatureSettings]
FullScreenReading=true

[GoogleAnalytics]
visitorCookie=253130064.2129312266.1384558724.1336769446.1336769446.167

[PowerOptions]
FrontLightLevel=4
FrontLightState=true
FullscreenCoverStretch=true
InvertFooterWithFrontlight=false
ShowBookCover=true
SleepAccessoryEnabled=false

[Reading]
bookProgressType=2
fullScreenReading=false
libraryBuilderBlueprint=filterByBookshelf(ROLLINS James)\nremoveReadingStatusFilter()\nviewBy5Shelf()
numPartialUpdatePageTurns=99
pageTurningOption=default
pinchToZoom=false
poolMode=false
readingAdobeShowPageNumbers=false
readingAlignment=justify
readingFontFamily=Charis SIL ModifiedLarger
readingFontSharpness\Georgia=@Variant(\0\0\0\x87\xbd\xcc\xcc\xcd)
readingFontSharpness\Kobo%20Nickel=@Variant(\0\0\0\x87\0\0\0\0)
readingFontSize=22
readingFontWeight\Georgia="@Variant(\0\0\0\x87=#\xd7\n)"
readingFontWeight\Kobo%20Nickel=@Variant(\0\0\0\x87\0\0\0\0)
readingLeftMargin=2
readingLineHeight=1.07
readingMenuState=
readingRightMargin=2
swipeBrightness=false

[ReadingLife]
NotificationsEnabled=true
ODM=false
StatsTrackingEnabled=true

[RushHour]
BoardNumbereasy=17
DifficultyLevel=expert
SavedMoves=@Invalid()
Reboot to test your changes.

7. Give us the result.

Last edited by akorx; 08-29-2017 at 06:33 PM.
Old 08-29-2017, 07:54 PM   #718
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by akorx View Post
If you have always the same problem try to compare your "/.kobo/Kobo/Kobo eReader.conf" with mine in order to see if there is a big difference on one or few lines... Yours will be different because you have not the same library and I use a particular font ("Charis SIL ModifiedLarger"), etc... but the purpose is to see if there is an old setting of a plugin that can explain the bug you see. Save yours before.
I'm pretty sure that none of the hacks touch the configuration file. And looking through yours, there definitely isn't anything that shouldn't be there. The only thing I didn't recognise at first was "InvertFooterWithFrontlight". But, that's something from an old firmware version and hasn't been used for a long time.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 02:18 PM   #719
bayang
bayang began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
ok, thanks guys.

I did all the steps. I skipped number 3 because I don't have a kobotweaks.ini.
The nightmode.ini still looked same as yours and the text on the kobo was sharp again, so I thought : so far so good, and went back to normal life.

But after a few hours the text became blurry again, all pages were surimpressed one over each other and it was unreadable.

So I did all the steps again, and did a full comparison of the nightmode.ini files.
The only difference I could find between the one that is generated and the one posted here, was that the generated one had windows line endings (crlf) and the one posted here had unix line endings (lf) (I'm on linux so the windows line endings come from the github repo file).
So I converted all windows line endings to unix ones, saved and rebooted the kobo after unmounting.

The text is now sharp again and I'm waiting to see if the problem happens again.
Thanks.
PS : no major difference between the Kobo eReader.conf files.
bayang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 04:36 AM   #720
akorx
Addict

Hi Bayang,

I come to new after 3 days... all is always ok?

Tags
glo, hack, mini, night mode, touch