Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 09-12-2014, 05:36 AM   #46
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
I would say that Ben Hur is certainly a Christian themed book, though like Quos Vadis a historical novel about early Christianity. I read a few novels by Lloyd. C. Douglas in my teenage years, The Robe being the most famous. I thought those I read were all pretty well written.

I don't know that I would enjoy these now though. I certainly have no interest in any novel that is out to change my atheist ways.
The Robe was definitely a good read. I enjoyed it tremendously.
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 05:36 AM   #47
Luffy
Wizard
Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geralt View Post
I'm an atheist so I don't have much interest in reading any - chose your prefix- religion books. I'm glad they are labeled so I can know what I'm getting and not get them.

That being said, I read fantasy and some of those do have christian undertones. I don't mind that. I mind overt religious agenda and preachiness in books.
I'm an atheist as well. I don't mind Christian themes. The Narnia books were great. But I don't like the sound of the umbrella term Christian fiction.
Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert