Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 03-17-2013, 01:25 PM   #1
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
The Authoritarians -looking for non-PDF version

Does anyone have a copy of the free book The Authoritarians by Bob Altemeyer in any format other than PDF? I can convert with Calibre, I know, but I don't know how readable the results of that conversion will be.

Thank you.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:00 PM   #2
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Here you go.
Sounds interesting, I'll add it to the TBR list...

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 03-17-2013 at 06:12 PM.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2013, 06:13 PM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
A copy has been PM'd to the OP, courtesy of fjtorres.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:09 PM   #4
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you!

ETA has this been sent yet? I don't see it.

Last edited by BeccaPrice; 03-17-2013 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Later
Old 04-04-2013, 07:55 AM   #5
garygibsonsf
Addict
garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
Actually, I could really do with a non-PDF/format convertible copy of The Authoritarians. I read it ages ago, after performing a frankly lacking conversion of my own via Calibre, with much expense of energy, but it seems to have vanished from my hard drive somewhere along the line between computers old and new. I'd be terribly grateful if you've got one, fjtorres...?

...And is it worth considering actually sending Altemeyer a copy of the converted file, since it seems crazy the only way to get hold of such a terrific book is on PDF...?

Last edited by garygibsonsf; 04-04-2013 at 07:57 AM.
garygibsonsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2013, 08:16 AM   #6
BeccaPrice
Wizard

I never did get the non-pdf version of this, either, and would really like it.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:21 AM   #7
garygibsonsf
Addict
garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
I never did get the non-pdf version of this, either, and would really like it.
FWIW, for the first time ever I just sent the PDF to my Paperwhite using the desktop 'send to kindle' app with 'convert to kindle format' ticked. While the conversion is no great shakes, it's a hell of a lot more readable than Kindle's own conversion of PDF used to be last time I tried a couple of years ago.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:46 PM   #8
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
@BeccaPrice - a google search with "authoritarians Bob Altemeyer epub" brings up a number of hits. Haven't checked on any and some see to be darknet sites, but as the book was free, I wouldn't feel any guilt from getting a copy if I was interested.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:01 PM   #9
garygibsonsf
Addict

jgaiser - I am clearly an idiot, because somehow I failed to find any such thing on previous attempts. Well, now I have found it, so please ignore me while I retire to the corner wearing my day-glo dunce's cap. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:48 PM   #10
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by garygibsonsf View Post
jgaiser - I am clearly an idiot, because somehow I failed to find any such thing on previous attempts. Well, now I have found it, so please ignore me while I retire to the corner wearing my day-glo dunce's cap. Thanks for the suggestion.
- Sometimes you have the google-fu and sometimes you don't...

Edit: This seems to be a clean epub -- http://library-genesis.com/The%20Aut...ns.203379.html

Last edited by jgaiser; 04-04-2013 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Added link
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote