Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 10-09-2011, 06:20 PM   #271
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by amsteel View Post
It saying "Touch the android to begin" and I touched and nothing happens. The PE was on 0.9Beta and I was trying to upgrade to 1.02. Log cat shows "Not continuing because we're waiting for GLS to finish clearing the old accounts". Any suggestion?

I have tried to downgrade to Dingo but failed. Never saw the updating software screen. Instead the LCD screen showed kind of like lost signal of TV screen for on second when it should be the updating software screen and then rebooted.

Please let me know if anything I can to to help. Just got it yesterday and loves the unit.

Updates: In a desperate late night effort, I wiped all system+data using adb and then was able to refresh to 0.9 beta. Nothing else has been done yet but PE is now booting normal. Both LCD and E-Ink are working ok.
WHAT ADB COMMANDS HAVE YOU USED?
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 07:29 PM   #272
amsteel
amsteel began at the beginning.

Device: PE
I used Wipe command

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicinc View Post
WHAT ADB COMMANDS HAVE YOU USED?
- sorry for the delay -on trip
amsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2011, 05:47 PM   #273
JRANGER
Connoisseur
JRANGER began at the beginning.

Device: Edgejr
HELP Me....You will notice this in the serial thread too

Ok IM getting closer and closer to a solution but the closer I get the more snags i find...

The solution i need to implement involved building checks in the init.rc for a multi-boot.

Essentially...We need to create init.rc to boot/mount the SD card if a boot image exist else boot/mount the standard filesystem

From everything ive heard a timeout will need to be put in place when booting the SD because it takes a little bit of time to mount....

Now my solution to getting this all coded out is simple...I wanted to extract the nook color init.rc and compare it to ours...Pulling out the information to setup the check/ifs to do so...So here is the problem...I run windows and so far have not been able tof ind out how to unpack/replace the ramdisk image files so I can edit the init.rc......alss seemed to lost the website i had open with my ifs.....ugh....Ive been up for over 36 hours and working on this most of the time...Im about to go crazy!!!!

So who is gonna help me??? lol Come on peeps this is for all of us....I can feel clockwork mod in my grasps....I hope...Ive read a shit ton and learned a shit ton since last night.....
JRANGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 10:04 PM   #274
tekknogenius
Groupie
tekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocket Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRANGER View Post
..So here is the problem...I run windows and so far have not been able tof ind out how to unpack/replace the ramdisk image files so I can edit the init.rc......alss seemed to lost the website i had open with my ifs...
Thank you for your hard work figuring this out.

Might I suggest running a virtual machine on your windows box and run a version of linux to get the work done. An easy to install vm is VirtualBox. And you might want to run Ubuntu which is fairly user friendly (although I prefer Slackware

Last edited by tekknogenius; 10-15-2011 at 10:09 PM.
tekknogenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:32 AM   #275
Wyrlin
Wyrlin began at the beginning.

Device: enTourage eDGe
Problem with the New 2.2 Firmware for EE

Quote:
[URL="http://db.tt/2JJ19lV"]
Added 10 inch Edge test 1.01.01 Ermine here.
Usual disclaimer: we are not responsible for anything which might happen to your device.
Update via Rotate+Menu on boot, rename to update.zip and copy to sdcard. Should keep your existing settings, and you should be able to revert to stock if things are going wrong.
What does work:
1. All Standard Stock functionality
2. Reported safe. Does not break E-INK apps
3. Can Revert Safely to Stock
4. Nobody borked the device yet by using this rom.
5. Google Apps (except Market, yet), log in youtube app with your user name and password and the google account will be added to accounts.
I'm curious if anyone has figured out how to revert this new firmware back to 1.6? I've tried multiple variations and most of the time I get the updating screen, but only for 5 to 10 seconds. Then it just loads up this new firmware again. I've tried 3 different "golden" update files, the normal 2.2 firmware update, and I've even tried using this new firmware update again just to see what I could get. I saw a posting where someone said to do the "golden" update twice, so I've tried that 4 times. Still no luck. If someone could help me that would be great. I just want to get my EE back to 1.6.

Last edited by Wyrlin; 12-13-2011 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Forgot the quote.
Wyrlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2011, 10:07 AM   #276
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

why would you want it back to dingo when we got ermine with market?
Old 12-13-2011, 10:22 AM   #277
Wyrlin

I want to be able to revert back if needed, and so far I can't. I can't even revert back to the original 2.2 that I had on it before. I just want to know if it's possible and how to do it. Also when I try to access android market it won't accept my google account. I just keep getting a messege that says "Can't establish a reliable data connection." How do I get around that?
Old 12-13-2011, 04:00 PM   #278
vicinc
Guru

have you downloaded the pablob rc2 and follow the instruction from the zip file and also the gapps.zip from cyanogen. try that thread. works like magik. and can downgrade from his rom, no probs. also if everything else fails you need the serial interface see my posting regarding unborking, there is a step by step tutorial.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:35 AM   #279
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Quote:
have you downloaded the pablob rc2 and follow the instruction from the zip file and also the gapps.zip from cyanogen. try that thread. works like magik. and can downgrade from his rom, no probs. also if everything else fails you need the serial interface see my posting regarding unborking, there is a step by step tutorial.
vicinc, Wyrlin has an EE, not a PE -- correct me if I'm wrong -- and therefore cannot/ should not use the pablob rc2.

It is my understanding that pablob is ONLY working on the PE. So please, Wyrlin, don't try anything you are not absolutely certain is designed for the EE. Oh, and welcome to the forum!!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 06:43 AM   #280
vicinc
Guru

the serial method works fine for edge as well
Old 12-14-2011, 10:23 AM   #281
pablob
Connoisseur
pablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheese

Device: OnyxBook M96, enTourage Pocket eDGe (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
It is my understanding that pablob is ONLY working on the PE. So please, Wyrlin, don't try anything you are not absolutely certain is designed for the EE. Oh, and welcome to the forum!!
Indeed, I haven't touched an EE firmware, and installing a PE firmware on it will require serial access to recover the device. So, please, be careful!
pablob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 03:20 PM   #282
Wyrlin

I know I cannot use the PE update. The one I used was listed for the EE. As I had quoted in my post above. "Added 10 inch Edge test 1.01.01 Ermine here." And I'm not entirely unhappy with it, however I still don't have market access. Mainly I would just like to be able to revert to stock if I need to. Also I know this thread is for the PE, but the link to update my EE was in this thread. So I thought I might be able to get the assistance I am looking for.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:32 PM   #283
vicinc
Guru

use the serial please
Old 12-14-2011, 05:44 PM   #284
Wyrlin

I don't know what that means, and my searching hasn't turned up anything yet. Can you post a link to the serial interface instructions?
Old 12-14-2011, 06:03 PM   #285
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyrlin View Post
I know I cannot use the PE update. The one I used was listed for the EE. As I had quoted in my post above. "Added 10 inch Edge test 1.01.01 Ermine here." And I'm not entirely unhappy with it, however I still don't have market access. Mainly I would just like to be able to revert to stock if I need to. Also I know this thread is for the PE, but the link to update my EE was in this thread. So I thought I might be able to get the assistance I am looking for.
As far as I know you will not get market access on the EE without a lot of fiddling about - I still can't understand the obsession to have access to the market.

If you want to get back to dingo I think your only way will be to use the serial console which will require you to open your EE to attach a self made serial cable - search for 'serial console' and 'serial cable' to find the threads about how to do it.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote