Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 05-17-2011, 06:02 PM   #1
dgbeig
dgbeig began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Referenced Resource missing from package

Converted and created an epub.
I started with 138 errors and I am down to 7.
woo hoo.

I have three pictures that show up and link, but
Still getting a funky error:

ERROR: ShortCircuit1TestFolder.epub/OEBPS/Text/InternationalandNationalOverview.xhtml(237): 'OEBPS/Text/file:///Macintosh HD/Users/danabeigel/Desktop/ShortCircuitEpub/ShortCircuit1TestFolder/OEBPS/Images/Figure3AN.jpg': referenced resource missing in the package

I have gone into that chapter in word editors and fixed and even went into dreamweaver and relinked the three pictures.
dgbeig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:51 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbeig View Post
Converted and created an epub.
I started with 138 errors and I am down to 7.
woo hoo.

I have three pictures that show up and link, but
Still getting a funky error:

ERROR: ShortCircuit1TestFolder.epub/OEBPS/Text/InternationalandNationalOverview.xhtml(237): 'OEBPS/Text/file:///Macintosh HD/Users/danabeigel/Desktop/ShortCircuitEpub/ShortCircuit1TestFolder/OEBPS/Images/Figure3AN.jpg': referenced resource missing in the package

I have gone into that chapter in word editors and fixed and even went into dreamweaver and relinked the three pictures.
It looks like the links are hardcoded to a place in your computer. They must be referenced relative to the root of the ePub document or relative to the page itself. The latter is usually how it is done with something like ../Images/Figure3AN.jpg

Looks that the raw page.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-18-2011, 02:58 PM   #3
dgbeig

Referenced resource

It is linking to a file on my hard drive, but that file is within the epub folder that I then converted.
None of the other images in other chapters/sections have this issue.

I even opened up that specific chapter in DW and re-dropped in the files, relinking them to the folder that was in the epub folder.

Does the filename need to be shorter?

If you follow the path, you will see Short Circuited epub and then OEBPS and then IMAGES....
Old 05-18-2011, 02:59 PM   #4
dgbeig

Should it just be the ..
-will that redirect it and know where to find it?
Old 05-18-2011, 03:23 PM   #5
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Should it just be the ..
-will that redirect it and know where to find it?
View the file structure in the eBook folder and look where the page is. Then determine what it needs to find the image. A .. means go up one folder. What do you need to do to see the image while looking at the xhtml file in its folder. Do you need to go up and then down to the Images folder? If so then ../Images is the right path. Be sure and match the case of both the folders and files referenced.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2011, 03:08 AM   #6
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
Quote:
///Macintosh HD/Users/danabeigel/Desktop/ShortCircuitEpub/ShortCircuit1TestFolder/OEBPS/Images/Figure3AN.jpg': .
The image is on your desktop. When the epub is on someone else's computer the xhtml file can't find it. Dreamweaver is linking it to the desktop version of Figure3AN.jpg.
Delete it from the desktop and relink it to the one in the ePub package. The resulting code should look like DaleDe's example.

src="../Images/Figure3AN.jpg"

Provided it actually is in a folder called Images
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote