Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 09-01-2007, 01:07 PM   #46
Nogg
Literate!
Nogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it is

Device: PRS-500
Yes it will overwrite what you have. You could use Hack Builder to create the files which include the clock and Direct Page Control, and then manually re-add the Chinese fonts.
Nogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 10:57 PM   #47
mdhuang
Bookworm
mdhuang doesn't littermdhuang doesn't litter

Device: Sony CLIE NX80V, PRS-500
Thanks Nogg. I just copied Hack Builder generated main.xml and applicationStart.xml to the Chinese hack package and it did the trick. Hack Builder is a great tool. Many Thanks for your contribution!

I did find an issue with Direct Page Control. If the second digit is 0 for a three digit number, it doesn't work.

For example, I am reading an 870-page book, and I want to go to page 203. I presses "2" "0" "3" and "ENT". The display shows when I press "2" "0":
Goto Page: 20
Then it changes to this when I press "3"
Goto Page: 3
When I press "ENT", it goes to page 3 instead of page 203.

I have tried many combination of digits and only when the second digit is 0, it causes problem.

I hope it is not something wrong with my device.
mdhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2007, 11:27 PM   #48
mdhuang
Bookworm

There is indeed a bug in the Direct Page Contril.xml:

<function id="doDigit" params="part"><![CDATA[

if (a <= 0) {
digits = '';
}

var keyCode = part.key.charCodeAt(0);

if (keyCode >= 0x30) {
a = keyCode - 0x30;
this.stackP();
}
]]></function>

This conditional code resets digits to empty string when it encounters a "0", I guess that its purpose is to remove leading "0"s, but it does have side effect.

if (a <= 0) {
digits = '';
}
Old 09-01-2007, 11:53 PM   #49
Nogg
Literate!
Nogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it is

Yep, you're right. I've uploaded the fix. Version 1.03.

Thanks for the catch!
Old 09-04-2007, 10:22 AM   #50
mdhuang
Bookworm

Nogg:

Would you consider adding the book delete hack to the builder? I downloaded the code and it seems quite staightforward.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...t=13013&page=2

Thanks,

- Mark
Advert
Old 09-04-2007, 12:43 PM   #51
Nogg
Literate!

Could you post the files here so I can take a look?
Old 09-04-2007, 03:05 PM   #52
mdhuang
Bookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogg View Post
Could you post the files here so I can take a look?
It has been uploaded here by obelix:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...t=13013&page=2
Old 09-04-2007, 03:14 PM   #53
Nogg
Literate!

Oops, I guess I didn't read down far enough in the thread.

Yeah, that looks pretty simple. I'll test it out and then add it in.
Old 09-04-2007, 05:08 PM   #54
mdhuang
Bookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogg View Post
Oops, I guess I didn't read down far enough in the thread.
No, you didn't miss anything. It was just uploaded after your last post before I replied.
Old 09-04-2007, 06:49 PM   #55
flamaest
Groupie
flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-500
posted in the wrong thread....

""
I agree, if you could add "delbooks" to your hackbuilder, that would be amazing!!

F.
""
flamaest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 09:36 PM   #56
Nogg
Literate!

Ok, delete books hack added.

Also, I put in the persistent total page counter, too. Now you can turn your Reader OFF and still retain the count.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:10 PM   #57
flamaest
Groupie
flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Nogg,

I really was amazed at the addition of the icon for the "powering off" status in the form of a lightning bolt.

Is there a way we can have a small icon showing a small "music note" when audio is playing while reading a book? I love the new audio-play-functions!

But alas, I have several times now accidentally pushed "play" and worn out my battery without realizing music was playing..

Silly me.. a small music note icon might clue me in without going back to the main menu like I was OCD. Is the door locked, I better go check..

Thanks,
Fabian.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:22 PM   #58
Nogg
Literate!

The lightning icon is part of the Reader system. It's used when you have the power cable plugged in. I just used it because I thought it was fun.

I can turn on other system icons (probably), but custom ones are more difficult and maybe not even possible. I haven't looked into it.

Also, I still haven't figured out how to access song playing information when in a book, but I'll likely be looking more into that soon.
Old 09-05-2007, 12:55 AM   #59
flamaest
Groupie

yeah, i guess any icon would be reasonable..

Thanks Nogg!!!
Old 09-05-2007, 04:50 AM   #60
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
Should be possible to make a custom icon. I think you can do it by creating a "cut-out" id. And integrate the icon in the icons image.
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote