Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 03-11-2013, 11:14 AM   #1
Nigelinspain
Nigelinspain began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Lost my TOC panel

I just clicked on something, I can´t remember what now, and I have lost my TOC panel.

Instead of having three panes, book browser, previewer and TOC, I now only have two panes.

I know I can open the TOC panel but it is floating and not contained in the three panes.

Anyone know how I get back to the three panes like when I first downloaded Sigil?

I´m stumped how to do this.
Nigelinspain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:17 AM   #2
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
View, Table of Contents
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:05 PM   #3
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Double click on the header of the floating TOC window I believe.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:37 AM   #4
exaltedwombat
Guru
exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
Double click on the header of the floating TOC window I believe.
...and keep your fingers crossed :-)
exaltedwombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:09 AM   #5
Nigelinspain

Thanks guys but I have tried double clicking the header on the floating TOC window and it just does not re-dock it again.

Funnily enough though, I can un-dock the book browser and when I double clicks its header it re-docks itself again.

So I can´t work out why it will not do this on the TOC panel.

Strange!
Old 03-13-2013, 09:08 AM   #6
drjenkins
Addict
drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I just undocked my TOC panel to see what the fuss was and almost panicked when I couldn't redock it.

I finally found that if I dragged the floating panel into the main window it docked. I also found that I could drop it in various positions so that it docked at the top or left rather than the right.

I hope this works for you.
drjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:19 AM   #7
Nigelinspain

Hi, thanks for that help - I´ve just tried it and I cannot get the toc panel to dock anywhere. I´ve tried double clicking it, dropping it into different panels, triple clicking it, swearing at it and even pleading with it.

But, it still won´t re dock. I really wished I hadn´t fiddled with things in the first place now.

I have even got rid of Sigil and reloaded it again to see if that would make any difference. But it just reloaded with the same problem.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:51 AM   #8
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Have you tried deleting sigil.ini? This will reset any customizations.
The location of this file varies depending on the OS:

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Local Settings\Application Data\sigil-ebook\sigil\sigil.ini
Vista/Windows 7: C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil\sigil.ini

(<user> is your user name.)

To be on the safe side, also make a copy of sigil.ini before you delete it.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:58 AM   #9
exaltedwombat
Guru
exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
True happiness lies, I think, in accepting that panel docking is buggy, trying the various clicks and drags, but not panicking when they don't work. It's not a showstopper, and remaking the INI file is always a last resort.
exaltedwombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:55 AM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by exaltedwombat View Post
True happiness lies, I think, in accepting that panel docking is buggy, trying the various clicks and drags, but not panicking when they don't work. It's not a showstopper, and remaking the INI file is always a last resort.
Just save a copy of a good one, before it goes south.
What is strange, is it seems to be a Windows only bug.

I will assume that it is QT 5 is supplying the locations (wrongly) that get saved in the ini file
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:44 PM   #11
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
just renamed my sigil.ini and closed and reopened Sigil. It created a new sigil.ini but my book browser is still undocked.

While I was punching anything I could, I double clicked on the header bar for Sigil itself and it switched between full page and "restore down", but not the Book Browser.

Hopefully it will be fixed in the next release.

AJ
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 05:14 PM   #12
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Starr View Post
just renamed my sigil.ini and closed and reopened Sigil. It created a new sigil.ini but my book browser is still undocked.

While I was punching anything I could, I double clicked on the header bar for Sigil itself and it switched between full page and "restore down", but not the Book Browser.

Hopefully it will be fixed in the next release.

AJ
If rename/delete did not work... There is another one with control.

Some release back, the configuration folder changed locations. Not moved, changed. You may have another one.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:08 AM   #13
Nigelinspain

Hi Doitsu, I followed your instructions, although I renamed the ini file and started up Sigil and everything is fine now.

Many thanks for your help. Hope everyone else can sort this bug out too.