Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 08-31-2011, 02:18 PM   #1
admonuser
admonuser began at the beginning.

Device: PRS650
Smile Sony Reader Library not working on Android 3.0 or later?

I just happened to install the reader library app on my Android dev, I have ver 3.2 and I´m not able to sign in to my account, I tried on my computer and with my smartphone and it works perfectly, I have heard something about the app having this issue on tablets using Android 3.0 or later, I will appreciate any updates on this problem, thanks a million!
admonuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 02:30 PM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by admonuser View Post
I just happened to install the reader library app on my Android dev, I have ver 3.2 and I´m not able to sign in to my account, I tried on my computer and with my smartphone and it works perfectly, I have heard something about the app having this issue on tablets using Android 3.0 or later, I will appreciate any updates on this problem, thanks a million!
Probably never will work. The app is still version 1.0 seven months after initial release.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 02:40 PM   #3
admonuser
admonuser began at the beginning.

Device: PRS650
Thanks a lot, and u´re right, no matter what I do it doesn´t seem to go any further, thanks, Appreciate it and if someone else is got another idea, I will certainly appreciate it!
admonuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 03:32 PM   #4
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
The ebookstore seems to be 'down for maintenance' at the moment. That may or may not have anything to do with the problem here...

I wanted to check this myself (just installed the Android app on 3.2), but it has been awhile since I logged in and evidently I need to recover my password, and that requires the web site to be running...
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 04:47 PM   #5
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus TF, PB 360, Jetbook Lite
No problems at all for me--the app works, and I can get into the store. I have Android 3.2 with the latest update from Asus.
MmavisO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 06:33 PM   #6
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
The bookstore's back online. Maybe that was it.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 06:40 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Probably never will work. The app is still version 1.0 seven months after initial release.
I would think Sony would make it work on Android 3.x as they have new Android tablets due out soon.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 07:43 PM   #8
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I would think Sony would make it work on Android 3.x as they have new Android tablets due out soon.
the original poster jumped to a false conclusion. The app works fine in 3.x as already reported by another user.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:06 AM   #9
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Works for me with the included content (on 3.2). But I'm out of Adobe authorizations (again) and can't register the app for store access. What a pain.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:12 AM   #10
kenyatelecommuni
kenyatelecommuni began at the beginning.

Device: none
dont take tension
kenyatelecommuni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 10:54 PM   #11
i2blind
i2blind began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs505,original nook,sony prs 600 pocket, samsung galaxy tab 10.1
I have a samsung galaxy tab 10.1, I had the saem problem with not being able to sign into the app on my tab with android 3.0 and even after the update to 3.1. It turns out that my time zone was not correct. Fixed that and then i still could not sign in, look at my time and it reset my time back a few hours since my tab was originally on gmt. so set the time correctly and shebang it worked.

So make sure your time zone and time are correct for your area.
i2blind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 04:58 PM   #12
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
What about text being cut off?
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, library, not compatible, reader, tablet