Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-10-2017, 10:22 AM   #1
Bell_016
Bell_016 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Kobo lock screen

Hi, today my kobo freezed and I made a hard reset

everything was fine, but when restarting he updated the software to 3.19.5761.

The option to display the cover in full page when sleeping just disappear from the options, now it shows a reduced picture with big white margins and the message deactived above.

I know this is just a esthetic issue, but it bothers me a lot, there is a way to fix this?
Bell_016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 11:25 AM   #2
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
That option is still present in firmware 3.19.5761, it is called "Show book covers full screen" in Settings > Sleep and power.

Here is a screenshot from my Glo with firmware 3.19.5761:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GloSleepPowerSettings.png
Views:	211
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	154078  
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2017, 11:38 AM   #3
Bell_016
Bell_016 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Maybe mine is problematic after the hard reset, because the option really disappeared. I wil reset it again and see if it´s fixed

glad to know it not the new firmware, thanks
Bell_016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 11:44 AM   #4
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
You don't have a FNAC branded (or a couple of others that are the same) Kobo do you? If you do it will want to show FNAC on the cover screen and won't let you use full screen cover. Fortunately if you go into your config file and change affiliate to "Kobo" it will allow you to go back to full screen.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote