Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old Yesterday, 09:49 AM   #46
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 1,2,3, Kindle DX, Onyx M96, Onyx i86 Plus, Onyx Boox Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightReader View Post
Did you mean they show a note for a new privacy policy? Can you somehow post the whole policy here?

Don't know where it is. It was shown with 8 pages on startup. It wasn't really specific. Don't think it is legal in Europe.

I did complain to info@onyx-international.com. You should do the same.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:45 PM   #47
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura, KA1, Onyx Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
Don't know where it is. It was shown with 8 pages on startup. It wasn't really specific. Don't think it is legal in Europe.
I believe the information you may be referring to is found in the Privacy Policy.

Go to Settings. Tap on the Forward arrow in the circle to the right of the Android Version number. Then tap on Other Information. Then tap on Privacy Policy.

There are 6 pages of information there. Much of it looks pretty standard to me, but then I don't have much expertise in this field. Generally, I share as little information as possible.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:32 PM   #48
eReader fan
Zealot
eReader fan will blow your mind, man!eReader fan will blow your mind, man!eReader fan will blow your mind, man!eReader fan will blow your mind, man!eReader fan will blow your mind, man!eReader fan will blow your mind, man!eReader fan will blow your mind, man!eReader fan will blow your mind, man!eReader fan will blow your mind, man!eReader fan will blow your mind, man!eReader fan will blow your mind, man!

Device: Onyx Nova pro and Hisense A2 pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by whopper View Post
from what i've been seeing, pretty good the update, the only downside is that consumes around 300mb more of ram
Anyone else noticed that increment on the RAM usage? I still didnt update, and if the update implies more RAM consumption I will keep using my actusl version. 2GB RAM is threshold right now. Lets see what happens when android 9 arrives with the next update
eReader fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:21 PM   #49
cicabum
Zealot
cicabum is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.cicabum is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.cicabum is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.cicabum is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.cicabum is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.cicabum is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.cicabum is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.cicabum is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.cicabum is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.cicabum is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.cicabum is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Onyx T68, Onyx Note, Kingrow K1
Quote:
Originally Posted by eReader fan View Post
Anyone else noticed that increment on the RAM usage? I still didnt update, and if the update implies more RAM consumption I will keep using my actusl version. 2GB RAM is threshold right now. Lets see what happens when android 9 arrives with the next update
Last firmware is 2.2.1 and Android remains 6.0.1.
Only Onyx Note 2 and Max 3 have Android 9 at the moment.
Personally I don't think Onyx Note and Onyx Nova will receive Android 9 precisely because the 2 gb ram.
cicabum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:50 PM   #50
eReader fan
Zealot
eReader fan will blow your mind, man!eReader fan will blow your mind, man!eReader fan will blow your mind, man!eReader fan will blow your mind, man!eReader fan will blow your mind, man!eReader fan will blow your mind, man!eReader fan will blow your mind, man!eReader fan will blow your mind, man!eReader fan will blow your mind, man!eReader fan will blow your mind, man!eReader fan will blow your mind, man!

Device: Onyx Nova pro and Hisense A2 pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by cicabum View Post
Last firmware is 2.2.1 and Android remains 6.0.1.
Only Onyx Note 2 and Max 3 have Android 9 at the moment.
Personally I don't think Onyx Note and Onyx Nova will receive Android 9 precisely because the 2 gb ram.
They said so, and it should be in maybe a month from now.

Btw, did you noticed the increment on ram requeriment with the last update?
eReader fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:01 PM   #51
cicabum
Zealot
cicabum is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.cicabum is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.cicabum is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.cicabum is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.cicabum is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.cicabum is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.cicabum is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.cicabum is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.cicabum is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.cicabum is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.cicabum is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Onyx T68, Onyx Note, Kingrow K1
Quote:
Originally Posted by eReader fan View Post
They said so, and it should be in maybe a month from now.

Btw, did you noticed the increment on ram requeriment with the last update?
No, I didn't notice a reduction in Note's performance or increment on ram requirement
cicabum is offline   Reply With Quote