Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-08-2022, 03:53 AM   #1351
wildhoney66
Zealot
wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Amazon Fire HD 10
well some are CBR and some are CBZ and on my PC when i open them they are in color it's only when i put it on my Tablet that they have a color cover and the rest is in black and white. maybe the change happened when Amazon stopped using the program for it i dunno but they used to be in color on my amazon fire 6. i tried to open the application of kindlegen but the damn thing would not open at all what are ya gonna do ya know?
wildhoney66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 12:42 PM   #1352
hleo12
Guru
hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo (deceased), Kindle 4th, Kindle Basic 10th Generation
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildhoney66 View Post
well some are CBR and some are CBZ and on my PC when i open them they are in color it's only when i put it on my Tablet that they have a color cover and the rest is in black and white. maybe the change happened when Amazon stopped using the program for it i dunno but they used to be in color on my amazon fire 6. i tried to open the application of kindlegen but the damn thing would not open at all what are ya gonna do ya know?
what app do you use to read the comics on your tablet? you can try to just copy the comic files directly to your tablet without calibre.
hleo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2022, 05:40 PM   #1353
wildhoney66
Zealot
wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

how do you do that?
Old 07-09-2022, 12:01 AM   #1354
hleo12
Guru
hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
how do you do that?
through your computer. Just drag and drop the files.
Old 07-09-2022, 01:03 AM   #1355
wildhoney66
Zealot

where would i put them? i've never done this not using Calibre
Advert
Old 07-09-2022, 03:00 AM   #1356
hleo12
Guru

Quote:
where would i put them? i've never done this not using Calibre
Anywhere inside your tablet storage.
Old 07-09-2022, 03:11 AM   #1357
wildhoney66
Zealot

which part i tried to put it on the documents section than moved it to the download section but nada.
Old 07-09-2022, 03:23 AM   #1358
wildhoney66
Zealot

i even tried sending it an in e-mail but all i got was that it doesn't open that kind of file

well i was able to well through youtube of all places lol downloaded kindle comics converter 5.1.2 my guess an older one but it's better than nothing i figured out how to convert but i dunno how to put it on my kindle

Last edited by wildhoney66; 07-09-2022 at 03:57 AM.
Old 07-09-2022, 04:25 AM   #1359
wildhoney66
Zealot

i give up on this tonight i'd rather drag it onto it anyways but the damn thing never works anyways i dunno if i'm doing it wrong or right i'm doing this on PC should i be doing this on my Tablet? any of it really

Last edited by wildhoney66; 07-09-2022 at 04:32 AM.
Old 07-15-2022, 01:57 PM   #1360
Sergster1
Sergster1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW5
Is there a way to batch unpack the AZW3 files from the output? I would like to have correct metadata sent to my kindle and I've inadvertently set up the proper information via calibre for about 100 different books and I really would like to avoid having to do that again.
Sergster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 11:36 PM   #1361
innocenat
Zealot
innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PPW5, Quaderno A4, Supernote A6X, Leaf 2
KindleUnpack should be able to extract AZW3 from master-MOBI. You can automate the process using the CLI interface.
innocenat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 08:00 AM   #1362
wildhoney66
Zealot

i didn't give up on trying to figure that out i just gave up on trying to figure that out that nite
Old 07-25-2022, 10:06 AM   #1363
Sir_Coleslaw
Sir_Coleslaw began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Era
PocketBook Era Settings

Hello,
I have successfully tested the KCC on the PocketBook Era, the following settings give good results:

KCC settings:

Profile: Other
Target format: EPUB
Horizontal mode: A matter of taste.
Upscale images: Checked.
Gamma: Auto
Color mode: Disabled
Width: 1264
Height: 1680
All other: Disabled
Sir_Coleslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 11:24 PM   #1364
kindle_helpme
kindle_helpme began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Need help Linux (Steam Deck)

Hello,

Due to situations, I currently only have a Steam Deck as a computer usage but I am having trouble using this. The Converter tells me "Cannot find KindleGen!" message but I have the Linux version in the following path. /home/deck/.var/app/io.github.ciromattia.kcc/data/

any idea on how to get it to work? I downloaded the app directly from the Discover app
kindle_helpme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 12:01 AM   #1365
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindle_helpme View Post
Hello,

Due to situations, I currently only have a Steam Deck as a computer usage but I am having trouble using this. The Converter tells me "Cannot find KindleGen!" message but I have the Linux version in the following path. /home/deck/.var/app/io.github.ciromattia.kcc/data/

any idea on how to get it to work? I downloaded the app directly from the Discover app
The Kindlegen app is currently available on Windows and MacOS where it installs as part of the Kindle Previewer. I know there was a installation of KindleGen for Linux and I seem to remember the executable had to be moved to /usr/local/bin but even if you find the installer tarball I'm not even moderately certain that it will still work. I seem to remember you don't need KindleGen unless you want to generate a .mobi file.

I took a look at the ciromattia github page and the Linux installer has not been available for quite a while.

Doing some quick searching, I found some information at the ASCIIDoctor project:

Current workaround for Linux is:
  • Find kindlegen_linux_2.6_i386_v2_9.tar.gz somewhere in the internet. Note that this step is legally questionable.
  • Unpack it
    {*]Do one of
    a. Add unpacked directory to PATH
    b. Set KINDLEGEN environment variable with path to KindleGen executable
    c. Use -a ebook-kindlegen-path=/path/to/kindlegen to command line when converting to Mobi

Searching for the tarball file found quite a few hits including:

https://github.com/zzet/fp-docker/find/master

https://archive.org/download/kindlegen2.9

Good luck!
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
k5 tools, kcc, kindle tools