Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-26-2015, 02:32 AM   #1
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Possibilities of a calibre wireless driver

Hi folks,

So I have an H2O on order, and I'm starting to look at alternative methods of getting books onto kobo devices wirelessly. Main reason is that I don't want to wear out the micro usb rubber flap cover.

The main current option seems to be to use the Calibre Content server with the Kobo web browser. But lets face it, the Kobo web browser sucks.

I also don't particularly want to use KOreader either. I would rather have a solution that can integrate with Nickel, as I'm quite happy with ACCESS and RMSDK.

I think the most elegant solution would be to find some way of interfacing the Kobo with calibre using calibre's wireless driver functionality. The problem would seem to be how to get Nickel to behave... For example, is it possible to put Nickel into its "connect to PC" mode without plugging in a USB cable?

Would anybody be interested in trying such a task? I would be willing to have a go if there are no other takers (read, people who know what they're doing), although bear in mind that I'm no developer, just someone with some basic programming knowledge, and I don't know if I would be skilled enough to get something working.

Cheers,
Sherman
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 04:58 AM   #2
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
I would love it if that could be done, it’s the main thing I miss too with my Kobo
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert